Sign in to follow this  
Guest groundpounder75

ATC Change That Makes A Difference

Guest groundpounder75

I made this post the day the forum went down and the thread is gone and I don't even know if it made it up so I am going to write it again. I don't know if this has been discussed before or not??I have been playing around with Ultimate Traffic since I purchased it about a week or so ago. I have started tweaking the overlays that came with the package and I have made a change to the way ATC functions with overlays that makes a difference. I have been working on Detroit Metro. The overlays are KDTW and 2DTW. In the real world airports use different tower frequencies depending on traffic and runways in use. So what I did was left the tower frequency for KDTW the same, 118.4, but I changed 2DTW to 118.45. I don't know what the real frequency is, so that's what I have made it for now. Then I changed the ground frequency for 2DTW by deleting the first ground frequency entry in AFCAD. The original was 119.45 and it was being used for both overlays. Now with that change the ground frequency for 2DTW is 121.8. So there are two sets of tower and ground frequencies being used for one airport. This does make a difference for the AI traffic. They AI planes don't "dwell" as long as they wait to contact ATC. If you do it this way though, you should try to use runways that are on opposite sides of the airport for each overlay. For example KDTW uses 3L/21R and then 2DTW uses 3R/21L and 9R/27L. This keeps the traffic from the different overlays from passing through each other. Just a thought I wanted to pass along.