Sign in to follow this  
Guest Captain Barfbag

ATC recognizing Airport Codes

Hello,Where can I get a list of the ICAO codes for the airports recognized by ATC? For example, ATC will say "Atlanta" for KATL, but uses only letters for some of the smaller airports.Thank you,Kurt

Don't quote me on this, but I think you can download a tool called Edit Voicepack (check the library) which - may - allow you to add Airport names... Check with the guys over in the Traffic Tools Forum - I'm sure they have some new app ready to go that will do what you need!Dan :) :+

Hi,Yes, indeed, you can add airport names with EditVoicepack. But I'm trying to find a list of the airports that are already "known by ATC" so that I know which ones need adding as I program new routes into FS2002.Thanks,Kurt

Guest lmoelleb

The not-so-elegant solution is to clear the filter in EditVoicepack, then sort by Identifier and look for AIRPORT XXXX in the display.Yes, it sucks, but it's still better than nothing./Lars

Guest Captain Barfbag

You can download the Microsoft FS2002 Voice SDK. This contains a de-compiler which will produce individual .wav files for ALL phrases for ALL pilots voices. There is also a file called phrase.txt which is the input file to the compiler. It lists all of the files by name, content and ASCII equivalent (what comes up in the ATC box on your screen for that phrase.)If you look in that file, you will find a list of all the ICAO codes which correspond to voice phrases.

Great! I'll take a look there.Thanks,Kurt

Guest Captain Barfbag

I got it from the Microsoft FS2002 site in the SDK section.I'll try to send you the list when I get home. The SDK will do a lot of things for you, but using it has some learning curve. After you've done a voicepak modification with the SDK, then you will really, REALLY appreciate Editvoicepak!