Sign in to follow this  
dallyborr

Time to clean FS9

I know there is some tools to clean gauge, aircraft etc...But is there any tool to clean textures that i don't use. After install of GE pro, UT EU/USA/Canada/Alaska, there must be some textures that i don't need. And they use some space, that i maybe need.Any ideas?

Hello,For texture cleaning I would recommend 'find_all_duplicates_v2.4.zip' by Gerard Durand. It's in the Avsim library.Regards,Ren

I know there is some tools to clean gauge, aircraft etc...But is there any tool to clean textures that i don't use. After install of GE pro, UT EU/USA/Canada/Alaska, there must be some textures that i don't need. And they use some space, that i maybe need.Any ideas?
Why do you think that? If you think you don't need something why not uninstall it? You can always put it back another time. If you want to save space, delete aircraft repaints you don't need, or remove aftermarket addon aircraft you don't fly. That's Gigabytes saved, not the odd megabyte here and there.

Hi,None of the listed programs install extra sets of textures into FS. Yes, they install different textures, but most of the names of the textures are exactly the same as the default textures and are the same size. Uninstalling those programs will only gain you hard drive space. It will not clean up or make FS much smaller.

If you are running XP and are hurting for disk space, you can use the built in "compression" method to re-claim a considerable amount of HD space.The process is simple and easily reversed. On my old computer I "compressed" the entire HD except for the Operating System (Windows) folder. Worked like a charm and did not seem to affect FS2004 in any way.Details can be found in my Tips and Tricks for FS2004 - Issue number 10.http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...&DLID=66601This, in my opinion, is a much better way to pick up some HD space until such time as you can afford a larger HD.