Sign in to follow this  
Guest Gordius

Will these airports ever be produced?

Just curious to know how come there is none of the following Airport Scenery:Africa (Nairobi, Sudan or Lagos or Seychelles)Middle East like Dubai, Jeddah, DohaThere are lots of Europe Scenery, USA, Singapore, Hong Kong, it would be nice to see the above mentioned

I venture to guess that airports are made where most simmers typically live or where VATSIM coverage is most active. And this means the heart of Europe and the USA. I personally don't care for Africa but I care a lot about the Caribbean - though so close to the US there are few 3-rd party airports available there. And even the coverage in the US is very sparse. So I wish we were at the point where Africa was the only remaining "blank" zone - it is not.Michael J.http://www.reality-xp.com/community/nr/rsc/rxp-higher.jpg

>I personally would love to see Simflyers doing a Sydney.. now>that would be nice! :-hahAmen!Wolfgang

Check out Singapore Forever scenery, I don't exactly know where to find it, but it's really neat!

Airports get designed when someone wants them. You x posted this in scenery design, and I told you the truth there, I'll say it again, the reason these airports aren't designed yet is that YOU haven't designed them.Jump in, design them....tools are free, advice is freely given. Show you are willing to do some WORK and the designers will go out of their way to help. Start whining that OTHERS haven't worked enough, you'll get a VERY cold shoulder.Bob Bernstein

Guest Lindy

If you're referring to Sydney, Australia... there is a terrific Sydney over at Sydney Flight Sim Centre. Unfortunately SFSC was a casualty of a drive crash and may still be offline. But it should come back pretty soon.You may be able to find the scenery at Aussim.com too.-Lindy :-rotor :-wave

Didn't sound like he was whining to me. No where in this post did he accuse anyone of having "not worked enough" It was just a simple question. I believe 'curious' was term used. Trying to intimidate someone with threats of a "cold shoulder" isn't the best way to encourage people to participate in the flight sim community. Everyone else responded politely.Just a friendly thought. John Fitzpatrick

Hi,It's one of my dreams to see JEDDAH or CAIRO airports, i dont know why r they always forgotton, i think most of Virtual Airlines Fly to them.For Dubai intl. you can find it here atwww.emiratesva.comBut its not complete yetThanks

Hi John Thanks for your supportBobI don't know who you think you are, but if you haven't got anything else useful to say, then don't reply to this thread (USE COMMON SENSE IF YOU HAVE GOT ANY??) I am not asking anybody to go out and create them especially for me, if they where created then you probaly would gladly have them on your sim. On the subject of common sense, I AM NOT A DESIGNER, if I COULD make the above airports do you think I will be posting the above??I will ignore any future correspondance from you despite what you write, so please stop acting like you are better than everybody else because your not.I hope this clarify the above!Thank you to everybody else for contributing to this thread, feel free to add more comments.All the bestVOR

You suggest I have made a non-supportive post...worthy of being ignored...that I haven't used common sense. What I think you mean is that I don't agree with your idea that designers are not normal common folk. Your own example of common sense was....<The reason I don't have "common sense" as you define it is that the sense you view as "common" is "wrong". Designers ARE just common people. The only difference between you and a designer is you haven't made an effort yet to try. Read my message...it tells you to try. My advice is not antagonistic, and is FAR more helpful than the other posts in this thread, if your ACTUAL goal is to fly from airports that are not on the priority list of current designers.If the only way you can communicate with others is with a sugar coating, then cya later.Course you'll "fully ignore" this so I can say anything I want.Ciou,Bob B

John...reread my post....nothing "real" impolite about it....certainly not intimidating. You took the discussion to this next level, not me. In fact, I offered that folks will be very helpful as soon as this guy demonstrates that he's willing to do some work.YOu spoke to wanting to "encourage people to participate in the flight sim community". My post told this person that he REALLY CAN design....as can everyone. All you need is a desire to see things be different ----he has that---- (unless, I suppose..as you maintain, that he was just *curious*), and the courage to try. Rather than attempt to instigate a flame war, why not put your thinking cap on instead...read my message with an open mind.Lets REALLY encourage participation, rather than allow a person to maintain a misguided impression that design is beyond the abilities of normal folks.B

Here is my interpretation for what it is worth, after rereading the posts, I think it is a common mistake of the meaning behind the written word, I can see both sides if this. As a designer I get my share of the ever increasing views and spoiled attitudes of the simming public of late expecting everything for free and now with all the bells and whistles, so it is very easy to take the original message out of context. (not saying that was done...) Bob, your post did come across a bit harsh sounding, I even went and read the one in the scenery design forum. As someone who has spent countless hours and days working with various design tools and trying to learn GMAX it can be a bit frustrating to deal with those that don't understand, have the desire to try or just plain don't care about what goes on behind the scenes in FS design.I say we just kiss and makeup and leave it as a misunderstanding (until round 2, LOL);-) Regards, Michaelhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpgCalVirAir International VAwww.calvirair.comCougar Mountain Helicopters & Aviationwww.cgrmtnhelos.com

Best, Michael

KDFW