Sign in to follow this  
Guest Gordius

Will these airports ever be produced?

fair enough...harsh I can identify with....sorry for harsh, vorI'll be happy to assist you if you wish to try scenery design. Difficulty in GMAX is understandable, yet wonderful work with Airport for Windows is possible with a much smaller investment in time and effort.B

Guest DannyV

Hi,I'm not exactly Simflyers, but I have recently started a detailed Sydney which is frame rate friendly. I have attached a quick pic for you. Some work to go, like doing the textures, John you may like to help there??? Anyway, the ground, accurate taxiways etc have been done, just the 3d models now and I should be ready to release. Sydney in progress:http://forums.avsim.com/user_files/18801.jpgCheers,Danny Vickers :-waveAdelaide, AustraliaPS. I would like to do Melbourne and Canberra after this as they have been neglected for too long...

Hi VOR."Will these airports ever be produced?"FS2002 has most, if not all these airfields as defaults. Am I right in that they are not to your liking, and you want some airport designer to remake them? Is that why you cross-posted in the design forum?Then Bob's comments, though perhaps harsh, are right on the money. Of the approximately 30,000 worldwide airfields, why would an airport designer drop everything he's doing, and rush to remodel one of the 3 default Nairobi airfields, if he had no interest in them?You, however, do express interest in them. So I agree with Bob, in that it would be more realistic for you to learn the basic design process ( many have ), rather than to expect anyone else to develop those projects for you. It would take some effort and time, but there is a whole forum here devoted to helping you out, when you get stuck.And everyone there also had no talent, or knowledge, at the beginning. Why not give it a shot? Start with a small airfield, and work your way up to a major airfield. That's how we all learn. It can be fun.Will they ever be produced?No. At least probably not. There are too many airfields and not enough airport designers. Most designers work on projects that are near their homes, or have special meaning to them. Apparently, no one has the interest in redesigning those airports.Dick

Hi,I think some people r not interested in scenery designing so they dont learn to. And thats not a shame or else`you want a car, go make it yourself'.Although i think virtual pilots r so thankful to scenery designers and appreciate thier work, me one of them .I was thinking to post at the scenery designing forum a request to make one of the mentioned airports, what do u think??????????Maybe it doesnt worth it.Thanks

Guest CapnCol

I am currently "designing" the airports at Seychelles and Praslin (and a few others in this area) together with remeshing and designing the ground to make it look a bit more like the photos I have found.I am learning everything from scratch but getting so much information from these forums that hopefully I will soon be able to upload my efforts (if anyone is interested that is).PS: I have not been able to find any photos showing an overview of the Seychelles or Praslin airports, so this has made my task more difficult. Perhaps this is one reason many airports are not modelled.Colin

Hi Lindy,I have downloaded this scenery a while ago and it looks really great but it is such a frame rate eater.I have erased the included static a/c and still get only around 5 - 6 fps and that without(!) AI on my low end sys!WolfgangPIII 800Mhz512 MB SDRAMGeForce 3 Ti200Win Me

As mentioned I am not asking people to make these Airports JUST FOR ME, I am wondering if maybe oneday they will be done, its not a crime.BobYou where harsh, but apology accepted, at the end of the day I like ready made airports like Garry Summons, I am no way implying it should be FREE of charge, if somebody did make the above airports then by old means I liked them, I will pay them with pleasure.Lets put this argument to a close now as it is wasting this thread.

VOR,Just a suggestion but since you are so passionate about the airports you posted and therefore must have some knowledge of the airfields, maybe they are close to your home.Why not post, asking for a developer to assist you in designing them, this would be a good chance for you to join the ranks of scenery designers, remember everyone started anew, all good designers began as novices, even the likes of Simflyers.Just let them know it

>I was thinking to post at the scenery designing forum a>request to make one of the mentioned airports, what do u>think??????????Maybe it doesnt worth it.Does't look like a good idea to me :). The scenery design forum is a great place to get advice when you have trouble making a scenery or learning a program. But it is not really a place where you can drop your wish list.Most people there already have their own projects they are working on. I think it is also the reason why Bob gave the answer he did. We are happy to help at the scenery design forum, but we don't make things on demand. If you really want an airport you can better make it yourself.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest GabrielR

Agree with the fellow designers, I started a while ago, asking why nobody ever tries to model airports outside the "area of development" (USA and EUROPE, mostly) and someone whom I respect for his Knowledege answered, "Those airports are not done, because you have not tried"Rough answer I thought back then... So I decided to give it a try, and it was an awful experience at first... Gmax was like Chinesse for me... short after everything got clearer... now, 2 months later my project is in beta:http://forums.avsim.com/user_files/18599.jpg still Tons of questions, but I rest assured that someone like the person that replied with The "cold Shoulder" in the first post will be ready to give a tip, an advice, just like he has done with me before.BTW this is in Bogota, Colombia. The Scenery will be ready to be tested also in the FS2004 world...

Quite impressive suggestions, I will certainley have a go, Thanks again for all your help and time, I am actually based in the UK, but like Airports in Middle East and Africa.VOR

Guest Lindy

I am familar with Danny's work. I'll certainly be interested in his version when it's finished. But I'm getting a great deal of enjoyment from the Marriott/Archer version released earlier this year. Not ever having been to Oz, of course I have no idea how accurate or correct the scenery is, but from others' feedback I feel it must be pretty close to realistic. However it IS a little hard on frame rates. I'm always alert for more frame-rate-friendly versions of intricate areas such as the airport at Sydney.-Lindy :-wave

I actually tailor my flying to where good airports are. There is little chance even if I invested considerable amount of time that I would be able to do airports that would match quality of say German Airports or the Italian ISD project. So I have no problem with selecting my flying area based on where very good airports are located.Michael J.http://www.reality-xp.com/community/nr/rsc/rxp-higher.jpg