Sign in to follow this  
Guest A321

Flight Planning for CS 727

Guest A321

Hi all, I just got the CaptainSim 727, Yeah I know your gona say why buy the plane if you dont know what your doing but i got to learn.Guys,I am assuming I have navigate this plane using VOR-VOR, or NDB, how would i plan a vor to vor flight plan, Can I use fsbuild, or FSNavigator. Also what is the best way to learn how to navigate using these methods. Somebody please explain, oh pretty please.Jason

Jason,Looks like you need to understand MS Flight Sim also. MSFS has a flight planner which has a vor to vor planning feature. That is what to use.As Egbert points out in the post above, and I mentioned to you a day or two ago, you need to review the navigation website, make your plan, and learn to fly the VORs ... i.e., if you tune in a VOR station, the needle on the RMI points to that station assuming it is within range, Turn your aircraft to that heading and you should be close. The other alternitive is to use the msfs gps, not sure if you can drive the CS 727 with the msfs GPS .. , and follow the headings that MSFS Planner tells you.

If you want the Autopilot to fly the plane from point to point. Assign a key in 2002 for the GPS on/off key. I use the "-" key and then load your flightplan into 2002 and hit your key to get into GPS mode. Need to be in Nav mode on the panel.Hope this helps!!!

Guest A321

Thanks for your help guys..I shall be doing a little light reading..FMC's have me spoilt :)