Sign in to follow this  
Donmo

Long Island NY scenery for FS2002?

Does anyone know where I can find some scenery for Long Island MacArthur airport (ISP/KISP) and the surrounding Long Island area? (Like the Long Island lighthouse at Montauk and Lake Ronkonkoma)

There's not much about, regrettably, although several NY airports around the region are well covered. I use a KISP update by Greg Schmidtz who thanks "Shehryar Ansari for sharing his gates with us and Mike Wallace for his static aircraft" - this does make KISP a better place to use in FS. There's AFCAD somewhere, too.I have LI landclass also, but can't remember where I got it; FS Genesis, I think, from Justin Thyme. Check them out.No Montauk light that I know of yet, though. I'm a Brit living in Bayville on the North Shore, so I'll be interested to know, like you, whether there's any more stuff out there! Getting Jim Campisi's "New York Bridges" helps a bit with the Throg's Neck and so on, and there's some new mesh for the Pallisades ... but now I'm getting off track.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

Thanks for the reply........I will keep looking for the stuff you mentioned. I can't belevi Microsoft left out Lake Ronkonkoma, it's a rather big lake right close to ISP.I live a few blocks from the LIRR station at Ronkonkoma (real close to ISP too) good to see another FS simmer on Long Island here at avsim.

im also a local long islander (born and raised)...give me a shout (via email) if either of you would ever like to get together for a friendly flight or chat on Roger WilcoDavehangar@optonline.net

Guest Captain Barfbag

The Greg Schmidtz sceneries are on flightsim.com, as I recall. Also, search AVSIM for Coast Guard. There is a package with a number of CG installations on Long Island.

Guest Wayne Smith

Hi there!Just wanted to let you know that a member of the Metro Helicopters Scenery Design Team has created an accurate GMAX model of the Jones Beach water tower. Its a great landmark for Metro pilots, as it is at the Eastern end of the Long Island South Shore helicopter route. Another member of our design team created a rooftop helipad for North Shore Medical Center(not a corresponding to real world though), and we plan to create several more helipads for the Long Island area. If you consider Brooklyn to be part of Long Island, we also have scenery for Floyd Bennett Field, NY22, which is Metro's Headquarters.All of the above is freeware, and is available for download on the Metro web site www.metrohelo.org. We are currently rebuilding and enhancing the site. The public scenery downloads section should be available shortly.Regards from another Long Islander!WayneMetro 7 / NMH07Metro Helicoptershttp://forums.avsim.com/user_files/18779.gif

Guest Wayne Smith

We were working on the web site for the past few hours. All the scenery download links should work now. I just tried them all. First, click on the link for the Metro Helicopters New York City area operation, and then select "NY Downloads" from the drop-down NAV menu. Our new web site design is still under construction. You will see more links become active on the main and New York pages, over the next few days - including our New York / New Jersey area helicopter route maps and heliport diagrams.Regards,WayneMetro 7 / NMH07Metro Helicoptershttp://forums.avsim.com/user_files/18824.gif

I was surprised with the lack of the lake and the lighthouse too. I started my flying lessons at MacArthur 33 years ago. I added in landclass that is freeware, and it covers all of New England. It wasn't Justin's, but is of just as nice quality, and it's free! It is pretty nice stuff. I wonder if 2004 has them? Don

Ok I found the add on jetways for ISP installed it and even fixed the parking so now each jetway is avalible for a plane to park at and the jets line up with each gate. I'm still looking for the other stuff you guys mentioned. :-)

I remember when the OLD terminal was there. Not the current one. The old one was a little brick building about half way between where the newer one is and the tower. I was there at the opening of the new terminal. I still have all the little wings and plastic airplanes they gave out that day. Infact, I remember seeing James Brown's Lear in the hangar there back in the late 60's. It was painted all black and had a bright green black-power fist on the front gear door. Man that's a long time ago!Don