Sign in to follow this  
Hollywood

Problems with Ariane 737-500

Guest shaunm

Hi Just flew my first flight using the new Ariane 737-500, and i had problems trying to hold level flight even with all the auto pilots engaged. I was flying at flight level 310 and i was going up and down by +/- 100 ft. I also have the Ariane 737-300 in my hanger so reselected the 300 for the 500 and it was flying perfect. I have seen this before but forget how to correct it. I wonder if anyone else has purchased it and having the same problem. Regards Shaun.

I have sofar only had a chance to fly a brief pattern around the airfield since purchasing the aircraft (thanks to excessive work commitments this week), so I haven't tried high altitude cruise with AP yet. In general, with most aircraft this can be corrected by reducing the value under elevator_trim_effectiveness= under the Flight Tuning section in the aircraft.cfg. E.g. if the value is 1.0, try reducing to 0.80. Misha

Yes I'm having the same issue. I emailed them and they are working on it.FANTASTIC aircraft.Joe L.Philadelphia Hub ManagerCarolina OperationsVN7 Network

Joe Lorenc

Guest shaunm

Hi Guys Thanks for the reply. I would have thought with all the testing they do they would spot these things. Shaun.

Guest Ian Ritchie

Does anyone get scenery library errors with the 735?'Some objects may be not appear'....?

May be an installation problem. Try adding a scenery layer through the svenery library menu. The relevant folder is in FS2002/Ariane/scenery if memory serves right. There is a readme in the FS2002/Ariane folder as well that explains what to do in this case.Misha

Guest shaunm

Hi Ian I did to start with. I did a second re-install every thing was ok. There is a tick box at the end, i left it ticked and it seemed to work after that.I'm writing this from the office,so i'm trying to remeber of the top of my head. Will have a look tonight to make sure. Shaun.

There is a folder called "ariane" that is added during the install, within that another folder "bgl library setup" that has an exectutable file to set up the scenery.Joe L.Philadelphia Hub ManagerCarolina OperationsVN7 Network

Joe Lorenc

i haven't had a chance to test FL yet, as i am working on a merge file for the DF panel.flying at FL100 with AP engaged was no problem. straight and level flight ;)

Set the view point to 30 and enhance the pitch stability to 2.5 within the aircraft.cfg. That will do the trick as it did with my. I use ACLOader 4 to load every aircraft, as well this new one. So I got it working just nice.

Guest Toni Rauch

At the price charged for this, Nev (or Bobbo or whoever) should have got this checked and working correctly BEFORE release.To date, there is no 'fix' on the website for this and IMHO, he shouldn't be relying on his customers to fix his products!(According to his website, he has a "Board of Pilots" to sort things like this out - more infomercial nonsense!)Toni

thx Toni, for your great comment, it helped a lot to solve the problem:-newburnno one asked here for you personal opinioninstead of screwing up another Ariane thread, it would be better that you would contribute something that helps solve the problem.BTW. i upped my mergefiles for the DF Panel today. feel free to use it. In there i tweaked the airfile a bit to give better level flight at FL350

LOLGood one Martin.Thanks for the merge.I`ll check it out.

Guest Daniel Pimentel

Why is it that you, Mr. Rauch, take one and every chance you get to bash Ariane? It is arguments like yours that start the very undesirable bashing frenzies. Knock it off, and if you feel their work is not good or is lacking anything, go ahead and ignore their releases... Comments like yours don't help solve the issue.Daniel Pimentel

Guest Rich

Hi,Martin, Mr Claw and Daniel - I couldn't agree more! It was quite a while ago that the anti-Ariane rubbish got very boring. Obviously people have a right to share their views - but now it is just darn annoying! I don't see the point in ruining every post regarding an Ariane aircraft. They make some excellent aircraft, and as said before, if you don't like it (or agree with it) then don't buy it. Please don't consistently whine here about how bad Ariane are. We all know what happened in the past. Funny how the sheep follow the flock eh?Rich.