Sign in to follow this  
michal

Night Flying and FS 2004

Can anyone comment on "how dark it is" during night flights in FS2004? I hope that was fixed and you don't have to change the brightness or the Gamma settings as you do in FS 2002.

Guest JamesJ

I'll second that wish..I can't see a thing at night..I fly only in daylight, dusk or dawn..hope they fix that..JamesJ

You may look at Tom Allensworth's screenshots from FS2004 related to night flying that he posted in the screenshots forum a few weeks ago (search for 'night', 'Allensworth', etc.). There was at least one shot made on runway at LAX that impressed me with having almost perfect black sky. I could never get such black sky in FS2002. Michael J.http://www.reality-xp.com/community/nr/rsc/rxp-higher.jpg

I did a quick comparison (FS2002 vs FS2004) and though still not totally correct, FS2004 is much improved for night flying. Its particularly interesting when flying at night with the weather theme "Building Storms" because the appearance of lightning is very realistic. Lightning flashes light up the clouds and ground (in addition to the aircraft) which FS2002 did not.Bear!