Sign in to follow this  
monnie

Landing speeds

How and where can I find landing speeds in connection with actual landing weight?Especially for the big jets of Boeing, Airbus and McDonell.Thanks,Christos

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,Christos,I'm pretty sure that you're going to get some good answers from those who have alot more technical experience than I. We have real world pilots who will be able to tell you specifics, ButI think you are breaching a broad a brad question with braod answers because there are so many factors in flight that causes rules to apply, for instance, weather, aircraft configuation, airport traffic.Generally, I have found that there is alot of information in the Learning Center section in FS. The Forum is a great source. Use key word "Landing Speeds" might work. Google is your friend. Then my favorite is go to the AVSIM Library. I'm a "download junkie" Alot of authors add fight instructions and manuals that offer real checklists and flight instruction which by the way show take off speeds, landing speeds, maximums and minimums. Not only do you get the information you need, you get an aircraft that somebody has put alot of time and effort into getting it to fly as close as they could to the real beasties.I hope this helps a little. If you are interested in seeing what I mean get Matt Zagoren's 707perf.zip. It's one example. Beyond that I'm sure you'll get better answers soon.Best regardsJan1,KINDWhen I push the button and it works, I'm happy:-)