Sign in to follow this  
michal

I just pre-ordered FS2004 here from Avsim

Guest Gian

I just thought I'd tell you fellow pilots. I don't even know why. I am a bit excited about it but I'd hardley even played FS2002. Anyway, I just hope it is worth it!!!!!! I have to upgrade my good old P3 600 at some stage too:)RegardsGian

Hi,Same here, just preordered it from the avsim store! Couldn't see any seperate link for the 'special edition' so I'm assuming thats what I've ordered.I'm in the UK, apart from possibly the box print, does anyone know if the actual software differs from the UK version? Only asking because I didnt think there would be a UK version of the special edition.Later,David

Question with Avsim pre-order: Assuming a USA street date of July 29th, when and how does the Avsim order ship ? In short, when do you receive if pre-ordered on Avsim ?

Guest fsfly

Hi,I too did a pre-order of FS2004 on AVSIM yesterday. Based on the confirmation e-mail I received, its being shipped via UPS Ground here in the U.S., (basic shipping option), and according to the e-mail the ship times vary based on the region of the country you live in. The breakdown is as follows per their note:South, Midwest, and East Coast USA - 2 to 3 daysMountain and West Coast USA - 3 to 4 daysThey also show ship times to other parts of the world, but I assume those would be different shipping options, as I don't believe that UPS Ground is available to those locations, but for those that want to know, they are as follows:Canada and Carribean - 5 to 6 daysEurope and Asia - 5 to 10 daysMy confirmation came back from Vmax Flight Systems, who I assume is the agent for the AVSIM pre-orders. If someone on the AVSIM staff can confirm this, I would like to know that. Vmax is located in Montgomery, Alabama, so I assume that all of their shipping estimates are based from that location.Hope this helps.Joe :-)

Joe, VMAX is our partner in the store and they are located in Alabama. Take that as confirmation. :)

Guest fsfly

Tom,Thanks for that confirmation. Its a little scary sometimes when dealing with on-line purchases, when you order from one place, and get a confirmation from another. I appreciate your following up.Thanks,Joe :-)

No problem Joe. I just take it for granted that everyone knows about our partnership with Marty at VMAX. Scary I understand. You do have the comfort level associated with knowing how to contact us if you have a problem with the store or your order. :)

>July 29th, when and how does the Avsim order ship ? In short,>when do you receive if pre-ordered on Avsim ? I just warn you should be prepared not to be disappointed when your order won't be waiting at your doorstep while your local store may already have FS2004 on their shelves. It happened before.Michael J.http://www.reality-xp.com/community/nr/rsc/rxp-higher.jpg