Sign in to follow this  
Guest Milton

aero design 680vc

I downloaded the aero design 680 vc and followed the directions but when i select the aircraft there are no gauges in the panel. Has any one had this experience and if so how do i fix it.

Guest Milton

It sounds as if you unzipped the contents of the gauges folder.The contents of the distributed Gauges folder MUST be placed in the FS2002/Gauges folder as they are ... not unzipped.Milton

Guest waltch

Hi MiltonI have another question regarding the 680vc (excellent aircraft, I really like it a lot):Can it be that the aircraft causes strange 'texture effects' on airports? I noted at various places (I think mainly on runways) flickering textures just in front of and under the plane (the grass texture appears for a moment).It reminds me of the effect that was present at various FS2002 default airports (on the ramps/taxiways) but could be fixed with some 'fix' files that I also applied some time ago.The strange thing is, that I do not have this flickering on the runways in other aircraft (it happend at GOOY and LPPT).I can hardly imagine that a plane can cause this but you never know.RegardsWalter

Guest Milton

HI Walter,I have seen the same thing ... not sure what causes it. I had assumed it was happening at just the smaller, less defined air fields. I'll pay more attention to it now and test with other aircraft as well where this happens. I was thinking maybe it was because of being low to the ground on this aircraft.Let me know if you find anything and If I do, I will post it at the support site.Milton

Guest waltch

Thank you Milton for the quick feedback.I will do some more tests on this and report again if I find something.Walter

Guest waltch

Hi MiltonI did some more testing, not too much, because I did not have time.However, this I found- it is not limited to the 680VC only- I have the same with the default B737 and the Cessna at GOOY- I use GOOY as start situation (to have a very quick FS2002 start for testing things), default scenery. However, as noted before I have the same texture effects also at other aiports (default and add-on scenery)- it only happens on the runway, not on the taxiway and not on the ramp. This is very strange.- the 680VC was the only add-on I installed in the last two weeks and I am pretty sure, the texture effect was not there before (I did so much testing at GOOY before, I would have noted this for sure)Do you have reports from other people about the same thing?Regards Walter

Guest Jim

I see the same ground texture problem with all aircraft but not at all airports. My guess it's just a scenery design bug with some of the default scenery.Jim

Guest Jim

Opps...seems that clicking on "preview message" actually posts the message. Sorry about thatJim