Sign in to follow this  

Forgot How To Turn On My Reflective Textures!

I read post awhile ago on how to de-activate reflective textures thru-the .cfg file of FS to inprove frame rates. Since then I beefed up my machine and wanted to turn them back on but I forgot how. (NO, selecting the "Reflective Textures" button in the display menu DIDN'T work...) This not a texture problem with aircraft either. ALL my aircraft (default, posky, aia, etc...) don't show. Appreciate a turn in the right direction. Thanks...Oh my appologies on the "TJS6.zip" file I uploaded. I have corrected this and will repost as soon as i successfully create an FSSC file (my first, so there's a learning curve) to compliment "San Juan 2000". The new download will also include an FSSE file enhance the scenery.

You must also turn on multi texturing on the displayhardware settingsWhat kind of Graphix card do you have?

Hi there,I don't quite understand what the exact problem is. Which .cfg did you edit? If your aircraft don't show up at all, did you change every single aircraft.cfg or did you somehow disable them in the FS2002.cfg? If the latter is the case, you could just delete the FS2002.cfg, start FS, and it will build a new one (it will start up with the default settings, though, so you'll lose all your custom settings, but saved flights, add-ons, flight plans etc. won't be affected). If you've changed a value in each aircraft.cfg, it would be helpful, if you could post it for one of your default aircraft, so it can be compared to a working one.Cheers,Gosta.http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg

MSI G4MX440, nvidia drivers are the most currentRE: Forgot How To Turn On My Reflective Textures! You must also turn on multi texturing on the displayhardware settingsWhat kind of Graphix card do you have?

Oh, sorry i believe it was the FS2002.cfg file that i was in. My aircraft do show up, just without reflective textures. As far as changing aircraft cfg's; no. I already have to many airplanes in my fs (but really looks nice flying around and seeing all those diferent planes). Hi there,I don't quite understand what the exact problem is. Which .cfg did you edit? If your aircraft don't show up at all, did you change every single aircraft.cfg or did you somehow disable them in the FS2002.cfg? If the latter is the case, you could just delete the FS2002.cfg, start FS, and it will build a new one (it will start up with the default settings, though, so you'll lose all your custom settings, but saved flights, add-ons, flight plans etc. won't be affected). If you've changed a value in each aircraft.cfg, it would be helpful, if you could post it for one of your default aircraft, so it can be compared to a working one.Cheers,Gosta.

OK, in that case the easiest thing would be to delete your FS2002.cfg. If you have recently changed your hardware, that's a good idea anyway. Then FS will build a new one with the default settings, then you just set everything the way you want, and you should be fine.Cheers,Gosta.http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg

OK, I think the problem is that you have an MX card, that required some tweaking in one of the config files. I can't remember which one, but I had to do it myself. I suggest you do a search on "reflective texture" in the forums. If that is no help chase me up and I will dig it out of my system.Once you have that working you can turn reflective textures on and off from within the program as detailed above, without having to edit anything again.Good LuckMark Underwood (Adelaide, Australia)

Thanks, one question though i'm building a new machine that runs a MSI Ti5600 card, will I encounter any issues similar to this on the new machine and box?

I cannot honestly answer you on that one. You would need to ask someone with that card....but....the MX cards are the ONLY ones that I have heard of with this problem, at least until 2004 comes out :) I would say you are pretty safe. (cue dramatic music as others attack me for being too naive)CheersMark Underwood(Adelaide, Australia)