Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

GB Airports Taxiway Problems

Hello, I have a scenery upgrade called 'GB Airports 2002' which is more detailed scenery of Great Britains main aiports. However Im having a problem with the progressive taxying feature on ATC. When I select it, the purple line goes to the right place, but the rout is all over the grass and terminals, presumbly the routes for the original scenery. Also when I select a gate to start at the aircraft can somtimes be in the middle of an airbridge etc, etc. I beleive I need a AFCAD file to cure the problem but Im not sure which one. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Guest Toni Rauch

RossGo to www.uk2000scenery.com (Gary Summons' site, who is the author of your scenery upgrade) and select/download the AFCAD files for the airports you want. This will help to align the AI planes and get them to 'keep off the grass', but I don't think that'll solve your progressive taxi problem. Worth a shot though.Hope this helps.Toni.

Guest Ashleigh Davidson

Toni, GB airports is a different product to UK2000, origanally published by Justshite, I don't expect you will recieve any updates or service for this product unless the origanal author reads this.AD

Ashleigh,<>Comments like that are offensive and are likely to get you barred if you persist in using them. GB Airports was created by Barry Perfect who is a well respected scenery designer.Toni,There may be AFCAD files available to correct this problem. Try a search using AFCAD and GB Airports on this and other FS web sites.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest Toni Rauch

Thanks Ray.I was trying to help Ross with his original enquiry. I thought UK Airports 2002 was the latest compilation of Gary's airports by Just Flight - I stand corrected and apologise for the error.(Barry, if you're reading this, "Hello!")Toni.

Guest Ashleigh Davidson

Who said anything about Barry ? He is'nt even mentioned and from what I know of him, he's a nice chap. Calm down, the sun must have got to you Ray !

Hi Toni,I get confused between the two designers work as well. I did have Barry's airports some time ago but prefer Gary's now. Doesn't help them having similar sounding names :-)Anyway, good luck and I hope you find suitable AFCADs.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ashleigh,It was your disparaging reference to JustFlight I took exception to. No need for comments like that here please. Keep it civil.Thanks,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

OK, Thanks alot for the help guys. I think I have actually sorted this problem out, by downloading the version 1.1 update from the excellent JustFlight support page for GB Airports. This update is specifically for the problem I was having. Im just downloading it now so hopefully it will work. Thanks again. Ross.