Sign in to follow this  
Guest Douglas K

Experts, flock to me with your wisdom!

A clean install of FS2002 on my new hard drive the other day sorted a few outstanding problems I've had; my R4D gauges now work again under XP (still don't know why they didn't, RCS!) and I get multiline text again in my checklists, etc. But some other old chestnuts either continue or have started once more. Can anyone advise:1. Why, when I switch to a heli (even the trusty old 206B) do I usually find I don't have enough power on the collective to take off? I have to wind it up to "OPEN" on the Bell or, even, add a collective to other heli panels that don't have it so that I can get off the ground. 2. Why, on occasions, do my aircraft seem to get glued to the runway? ATC clearance, parking brake on and foot brakes on, full throttle, release all brakes and ..... with engines roaring, the poor old gal creeps along the runway at one or two knots, sometimes bouncing a bit. I thought my brakes were stuck on at first, but they are not. It usually happens with add-on scenery; is the aircraft recognising runways as buildings, or something, and can't get past them? Very weird.3. My sound is stuffed. My sound card works just fine in all other applications - updated drivers etc., hardware acceleration full on - but, in FS, seems to rythmically stutter (on off on off) and ATC sound seems to be in slow motion. I had this problem a year or two ago but I'm damned if I can remember the solution. Sign of age ...I am not running a dinosaur, although some posts here might suggest that I am. It's a P4 1.8GHZ 512MB RAM, Windows XP Home.That'll keep you going. Hoping for the odd reply, with thanks,Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

Strange things, but I wonder if it is related to your joystick assignments?I only control throttle and collective via the F1-F4 keys, and I've disabled any joystick functionality in that area. I suspect your issue may be related, but usually I've just heard of it manifesting itself in reverse thrust.As for sound, I had the same issue with Flight1's 421C--until I maxed out my sound quality slider. I suspect that isn't the issue in your case. But it's wisdom :)Hope you get things sorted out!-John

Howdy Dark Moment,I had the problem with the no power in the helicopter. It turns out that it was in the CH FlightSim Yoke, (USB). I recalibrated the yoke and then used FSUIPC for the controls. Turns out that my prop control wasn't using its full range. After recalibrating in FSUIPC things worked well again. Actually none of the axis in the yoke were using their full range, everything works well using FSUIPC. The above may be your problem with your planes creeping down the runway, not using full power.Good luck

You don't need FSUIPC for that, for some stupid reason FS defaults the throttle slider's sensitivity to 50%. Just go into the sensitivity and slide it all the way to the right.When I built my new system and installed FS on it, I forgot all about that and was scratching my head for hours trying to remember what the problem was.

Guest ba747heavy

>You don't need FSUIPC for that, for some stupid reason FS>defaults the throttle slider's sensitivity to 50%. Just go>into the sensitivity and slide it all the way to the right.>>When I built my new system and installed FS on it, I forgot>all about that and was scratching my head for hours trying to>remember what the problem was.I have never had this problem, as best as I recall. My throttle slider is always at 100% sensitivity.

Guest Douglas K

>1. Why, when I switch to a heli (even the trusty old 206B) do I usually find I don't have enough power on the collective to take off? I have to wind it up to "OPEN" on the Bell or, even, add a collective to other heli panels that don't have it so that I can get off the ground.2. Why, on occasions, do my aircraft seem to get glued to the runway? ATC clearance, parking brake on and foot brakes on, full throttle, release all brakes and ..... with engines roaring, the poor old gal creeps along the runway at one or two knots, sometimes bouncing a bit. I thought my brakes were stuck on at first, but they are not. It usually happens with add-on scenery; is the aircraft recognising runways as buildings, or something, and can't get past them? Very weird.3. My sound is stuffed. My sound card works just fine in all other applications - updated drivers etc., hardware acceleration full on - but, in FS, seems to rythmically stutter (on off on off) and ATC sound seems to be in slow motion. I had this problem a year or two ago but I'm damned if I can remember the solution. Sign of age ...

Thanks, all, for useful input. I use CH Yoke, Pedals and Logitech Wingman 3d, all harnessed up together; so yes, it's probably time to recalibrate everything, double check assignments and sensitivities and then test a few things. What I do recall problems with before was having two assignments to the same command i.e. throttle on both yoke and stick, so that'll be the first thing to check.Thanks again. I'll get there.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

Brakes sorted, at least. Cleared ALL FSUIPC 'joystick' settings, reset FS2002 settings to default, BINGO! Now why didn't I try that earlier? Because I think Peter Dowson is God, that's why ... but everyone's combination of hardware/software is different, I suppose.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg