Sign in to follow this  
fbass

Trouble with downloading AVSIm files

Guest Trasher

Hi all,I have trouble with downloading Files from the AVSIM site. When I try it there is an message "Site no available"Can someone help me?

I'm able to d/l files fine now....BUT there IS one file I've been trying to d/l whereby I keep getting the 'IE cannot display the webpage' error message....a bad download link perhaps? The file is 'fsp_saab340_air_

Also can not download anything now.. The "download" window opens and just says 'done' at the bottom but there is no download. Any ideas out there?BIll

Bill,Please check http://library.avsim.net/help.html. After that, please make sure you aren't downloading through a Proxy. Also, please make sure you have Passive FTP enabled in IE. If all else fails, please try using Mozilla FireFox as a browswer. That way if it works, we can pin point it was the browser.For a faster response next time, please contact library@avsim.com.

Thanks Chase, I think it was just a momentary 'blip' in the universe.">) I do use Firefox and have had no trouble since then..never do...I just posted here because I think someone else had mentioned it Have a good weekend,

Guest JSPuonti

There's also apparently something wrong with the way the newest version of Opera (9, non-beta) wants to handle downloads from AVSim. I noticed this just today.When I try to download a file, I can see Opera transferring it in the background while it asks me where the file should be placed (the load progress bar on the download page fills up). As soon as I select a folder where to save the file, however, the transfer ends and I get an "Incorrect login" pop-up asking for my password. Obviously giving the correct password does nothing.The work-around isn't too complicated:1) Click on the "Download" button in the file list to get to the download page2) Cancel the automatic download3) Right-click on the manual download link and copy the link address4) Access your download panel (the one that lists files you've downloaded recently) and paste the address into the "Quick download" textfield; press enter5) The file will download into your Opera temporary file directory with the filename "sendfile.php". This is NOT, however, a PHP file, but rather the file you wanted to download. Navigate to your Opera temporary file folder and rename the "sendfile.php" to the download's real filename (usually a ZIP file) and copy it where you want6) Done!I suspect this problem will be fixed in a patch to Opera or by some clever person who finds out which setting to tweak in Opera to make AVSim's download mechanism work again, but in the meanwhile this'll do.

Guest Darth DySkO

I, too, can't download files. IE says me that it can't find the page. I've read this thread and followed all the advices (deactivate proxies, download Mozilla etc...), but I still can't download! What can I do? Thanks.

Guest 7887685678567858

after you click use evaluation version it wont bring up the zip file

>I, too, can't download files. IE says me that it can't find>the page. I've read this thread and followed all the advices>(deactivate proxies, download Mozilla etc...), but I still>can't download! What can I do? Thanks.What exactly is happening? I would check your firewall.

Guest kaindragoon36

>I, too, can't download files. IE says me that it can't find>the page. I've read this thread and followed all the advices>(deactivate proxies, download Mozilla etc...), but I still>can't download! What can I do? Thanks.I am having the exact same problem. I found that if you are running Peer Guardian, the psuedo software firewall, one if it's lists has the AVSIM servers programmed in it to block. I've been having this problem for DAYS and it's really been pissin me off. Is there any way to find out the IP's of the fileservers so I can make sure they're safe in peer guardian??

For what I think is the first time in 8 years of being an AVSIM member, I too can suddenly no longer download anything at all. I get a message saying that the page cannot be displayed.I've not changed anything on this specific PC for 4 years and although it's laden with a ton of security and other utilities and firewalls and has an accelerator, I've always been able to download tons of files in a flash.What the heck has happened ?!JS

Nothing has changed here Jonathan. You sure there was a IE or XP security patch or some such that was upgraded / pushed to your machine?

Aha, Tom, thanks for jarring my memory. I DID recently have pushed to me a ton of MS security updates that self installed. The usual stuff to plug holes, etc. But I don't know how I deal with that in this context. Do I disable a firewall or what?I am able to still download from "the other flightsim website" with no problem as well as others. It's only at AVSIM that I cannot do so.Cheers,Jonathan