Sign in to follow this  
fbass

Trouble with downloading AVSIm files

I can't download a thing either. I've been downloading for years. I can't download in Firefox or IE. (I normally use Firefox). When I click download, I get get a "page cannot be found" browser error.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Zonealarm users - check your firewall settings. I've been using Zonealarm for quite some time, and I've never had an issue until now. I turn off zonealarm, and the library works just fine again. I don't know what to set in Zonealarm yet, but at least I know where the problem is. Something must have changed recently in zonealarm. Hope this helps.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Guest lenly

>I can't download a thing either. I've been downloading for>years. I can't download in Firefox or IE. (I normally use>Firefox). When I click download, I get get a "page cannot be>found" browser error. I cant download scenery files either, all I get is a "send.php" in Firefox, and just a "0" in IE,all OK from other sites but get nothing from Avsim.......

Guest Gary Buska

The reasons that you can not down load files can be several. You need to put www.avsim.com, www.avsim.net, library.avsim.net and forums.avsim.net in your trusted sites list. You do this by clicking on TOOLS, INTERNET OPTIONS, SECURITY tab, and then high lite TRUSTED SITES, and click on SITES. UNCHECK the box that requires SERVER VERIFICATION (HTTPS) and add the Avsim URL addresses.You also need to check any firewall that you may have and do the same thing there. Anti virus programs like Mcafee have there own firewall programs so if you use the one that came with windows as well you have to make sure both programs are set to trust AVSIM or you will have issues.Regards,Gary BuskaSenior Library Manager / Forum ModeratorAVSIM Online!www.avsim.com

I don't believe the problem is with user-software. I have no barriers to software downloads, I have IE properly configured, I have no firewall, I have no virus protection, and I have no impediments to downloading files.The problem I have seems to be random. I get the "no page" error message display. The last time we went through this the cause was special characters in the file IDs.In addition, the server use/load manager you are using prevents a very high number of failed file accesses. It is not a download problem it is an access issue. Many times during the day and night you can download a few files then you get nothing but page errors. If you quit AVSIM, sign back on immediately, you can download a few more files and the cycle continues.fb