Sign in to follow this  

long list in FS2002 "select aircraft"

I've spent a lot of effort downloading planes and flightplans of AI flights - thanks Project AI, Aardvark and World AI.However, I now have a very large number of installed aircraft, most of which are not intended to be flown by hand. This slows down the "Select Aircraft" process significantly - FS2002 takes maybe 30 seconds to load the list every time it's used.I think I remember someone saying that aircraft purely intended for AI can be hidden in the "select aircraft" list, thus speeding the process up, but still allowing them to appear in AI traffic.Can anyone tell me how to do this? As a secondary question, is it anything to do with Aircraft Editor? Because if so, I suspect it has a maximum number of aircraft it can handle, as it has started crashing everytime I try to open the list of installed aircraft.Thanks in anticipation

ngxu_banner.png

Guest danowat

Hi,Yeah, you can hide them, you need AirEd to edit the .air files, you change the aircraft type in AirEd from 0 (normal) to 2(Ai), this will remove them from the aircraft list.I think the above numbers are correct, but you can check in AirEd, by right clicking on the aircraft type box.I can't remember a link for AirEd, but I am sure if you "do a google" you will find it.Dan.

Guest Douglas K

I just posted a reply in the Flightsim forum to someone who recently purchased FS2002 and wanted to make the AI aircraft flyable, so working in reverse I can say that Dan is right, those are the correct numbers; O is for the fixed wing flyable A/C, and 2 is for the AI.AirEd may be found here:http://perso.wanadoo.fr/hsors/FS_Soft/fsairfile.html

Guest Captain Barfbag

Reasonably enough, the AirEd program Edits the .air file for your aircraft. If you have multiple aircraft within a folder, you will probably have only one .air file shared for all of them. Thus, you will only have to do the edit once per folder, not once per aircraft.The "Open" box in AirEd is folder-oriented anyway, so this happens automatically.

Another way to take away the AI planes from the list is deleting the panel folder from the aircraft main folder....it works for me. You

Guest cloudtops

The line you want to edit is line 105:Aircraft Type=