Sign in to follow this  
Guest A321

"NEW" ? revalations about FS2004

Guest danowat

Hi,I have just read an interview with Bruce Williams about FS2004, and I noticed a few thing's that I have not heard before1) "there are no different sets of autogen objects for other regions of the world", I thought Autogen was going to be area specific2) "Because Meigs Field is closed now, the default will be Seattle. That

Guest A321

Where did you read this?I would like to read this

Guest freequest

though i hate to say this i am sure that some enterprising hacker will find a way around this safedisk...Proberly some one will come up with a crack patch so you dont have to have a extremly noisy CD-Drive running non-stop in the background...Mine sounds like a 747 running up its engins :)

Guest danowat

Hi,I read it on www.simflight.com.Dan.

It won't need to have the disk running all the time... it just checks it on program boot up. also FS 2000 needed the cd in so it's no biggie for me.Brian

Guest danowat

Yeah, its not really a major problem, but it is just a pain in the arse."oh I know, I'll have a quick fly, double-click FS2004 shortcut, DONG please insert disk, oh balls where have I put that disk, 5 mins later found it, daughter had used it as a coaster, put disk in, there is a disk error, arrrghhhh, quick fly turns in to a total nightmare".:)Dan.

Guest A321

Guys dont take this the wrong way, but You can avoid the problem if you have the Hard Disk space. There is program called Alcohol 120% which you can use to back the paly disc up to your hard drive. It will then allow you to mount the image on a virtual drive it creates, Hence you can play of your hard drive have faster load times, and not have to keep putting the disc in. It knows how to copy the disc so that safedisc dosent even know its not playing from the real CD. I used it all the time. Its not free it costs about

Guest danowat

Worried?, not at all, annoyed, yes, it is a pain, I know I could use a virtual drive, but why should I spend

Guest rogue1

This is exactly why I have a 5 disc cd changer in my gaming computer. It just sits there taking up on SCSI ID and waits for the game to need the disc. Sucker was expensive 5 years ago when I bought it, but has paid for itself in the lack of frustration. Now the only problem is, I'll now have 6 games that need the disc to be in the computer. Have to buy another one.Jim

My only problem with needing the cd in the drive, is that the cd's should then come in a nice jewel case like fs2000. I didn't mind fs2002's cardboard cd case, but only because you didn't need the cd to play. Well, if not, I'm sure I still have my fs2000 case laying around somewhere :)

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

>This is exactly why I have a 5 disc cd changer in my gaming>computer. It just sits there taking up on SCSI ID and waits>for the game to need the disc. Sucker was expensive 5 years>ago when I bought it, but has paid for itself in the lack of>frustration. Now the only problem is, I'll now have 6 games>that need the disc to be in the computer. Have to buy another>one.Ha! I have a Pioneer 5 CD changer (SCSI) that's been sitting around since the old BBS days. Expensive? Yep! That bad boy was nearly a $1,000 when I bought it... :(BillAVSIM OmbudsmanFounder and Director,Creative Recycling of Aircraft Partshttp://catholic-hymns.com/frbill/FS2002/images/fartslogo.jpg

Guest Douglas K

>3) "The final will also contain 4 CDs. We use SaveDisc 2.9 to protect our work from piracy and illegal copies. CD #4 must be in your drive if you wish to start FS2004" damn it I have to put the CD in every time, BOO HISS

Guest danowat

>>3) "The final will also contain 4 CDs. We use SaveDisc 2.9>to protect our work from piracy and illegal copies. CD #4 must>be in your drive if you wish to start FS2004" damn it I have>to put the CD in every time, BOO HISS<>>We should reserve judgement on this issue until the product>hits the retail outlets and we know for sure that a CD is>required to run FS2004. Well, it was from the horse's mouth so to speak, soooo.Dan.

I have two of them! Both of them are Pioneers and are being used as door stops Bill. Maybe I should dust them off and put them back to work! As with you, from the good ol' eight node BBS days! :)