Sign in to follow this  
Guest A321

"NEW" ? revalations about FS2004

Guest Daniel Pimentel

Oh man, that SUCKS. I was so happy with FS2002 not requiring a disk... My FS2000 disk broke due to overuse. :-lol So this whole CD thing is a pain and potentially a problem to run if the CD gets messed up. :(Cheers,http://forums.avsim.com/user_files/12447.jpgMember of the [a href=http://ffg.avsim.net" target="_blank]Freeware Flight Group [/a]

Guest SoarPics

Yeah, this all makes great sense... the company that is so concerned about piracy, but still links on their webpage to sites like FS Planet.Yepper... they're really concerned about piracy and theft.

Guest rogue1

Mine is a Nakamichi 5x16. Works great. I'm not sure if the Nakamichi is even being built any longer. Anyone have a good source for the Pioneers?SCSI cd-roms rule! All of mine are except my burner, although that will change this x-mas.JimFound the Nakamichi's on line at www.cmishop.com (do a search for Nakamichi). They have refurbished for $149 and new for $159. These are plug and play, really. I put mine in the first time, booted the computer and Windows saw them as 5 cd-roms (even without discs). These drives are discontinued, but I've been using mine with absolutely no problems for a bit over 5 years now, and never had any problems. Think I'll be buying one this weekend (payday). :-)

Guest Douglas K

>Well, it was from the horse's mouth so to speak, soooo.

Guest danowat

"And everything you see and hear on television newscasts is absolutely true.It probably IS true, every word of what Mr. Williams said about the miraculous SaveDisc 2.9 - and being a highly placed corporate type person I'm sure a lie has never passed his lips - but you won't know for certain until you have the final retail product in your hand and you try it out. That's all I'm saying, I'm not suggesting you are misinformed or whatever, just that you should take the things you hear in the media with a grain or two of salt.This reminds me why I don't participate in threads like this, I'm home with a cold today, and I think I'm going to seek a diversion from my misery elsewhere, before I manage to offend and alienate everyone from Tom Allensworth on down".Why on earth would you think that, you could not offend anyone by what you said, I never for one minute thought that you meant I was misinformed.Please continue to participate in threads like this, you seem like a down to earth person, not like some of the trolls I have seen on here.Dan

Guest Douglas K

Have a look at the topic on "tin boxes" for FS2004, maybe it's the Nyquil or something but this doesn't seem to be my day for social interaction!

I heard FS2004 would come in a DVD type case. How will they fit 4 CD's in that. I wish they'd offer it both on CD and on DVD.I too hate having to have a CD in the drive to play a game, it is anoying, but safedisk is easy to crack. I feel sorry for [a href=http://members.chello.nl/~s.ferris/]this guy[/a] until the crack comes out.

Andrew Herd has a comprehensive pre release review on flightsim.com and makes no mention of this. His reviews are among the most thorough and best on the internet. If the 4th cd bootup is really required, I cannot imagine why he would not have noted this fact.Sherm

I also just heard that fs2004 has been leaked on the internet so any of you curious ppl may want to start searching to get a month early try ;)

Someone has obviously defeated the copy protection on it!! Apparently disk 4 contains the "crack" :-roll Bill

poor poor safedisc has failed once again hehe this time a month early

The requirement of having the 4th CD in to run the game is true, both with my "Beta" version FS2004 and with the "Gold" version. The disc only runs during startup and I've never noticed FS2004 to access this disc while running the game. Don't know about the autogen buildings being non-region specific, but the trees in autogen are much much better and ARE region specific. The Northwest USA trees, in the default autogen, appear to be Ponderosa Pine and the new palm tree shows up in Southern California, Arizona (at the New Phoenix SkyHarbor Airport), Florida, and of course Hawaii and looks really good.The default start-up point IS now Seattle-Tacoma International. Meigs is still there and open, but it is no longer the default.Bear!

hey guysi can confirm that the no cd patch fs9.exe is already out. :D******************************************************************GAMES DEVELOPERS DESERVE YOUR SUPPORT. IF YOU ENJOY THE PRODUCT, PLEASE CONSIDER BUYING IT. ******************************************************************even if it's M$ ;)