Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

PMDG BAe JS4100 v1.10.1016 (SP1) Released!

Captains-We have just made available on our downloads page a Service Update for the PMDG BAe JS4100.I will put the download link at the bottom of this post so you don't have to waste time heading over there if you don't want- but you DO have to read this post first. :( This service update was designed primarily to deal with some critical operating issues that appeared on some hardware/operating system setups. As normal, we decided to tinker with a few other things as well- just because we were under the hood already.This non-conclusive fix list covers the basics of what we have adjusted:- Modified Engine Start Sounds to ease transition.- Eliminated reported VNAV CTD errors in FMS.- Eliminated "CTD on Exit" error.- Eliminated potential CTD error related to FSX simconnect.- Updated J41 Configuration Tool to correct for various visual anomalies.- Modified J41 to account for sensor package on HKG Flying Service J41 Livery. (available from download page.)- Updated FSX ATC callsigns.- Added Keyboard Commands pass-throughs for various cockpit controls- Corrected inverter error that prevented AHRS from dumping alignment when all busses were de-powered and batteries turned off.- Added visual rain effects to the VC windows- Various visual and artwork fixes to VC and external model.- A few other minor tweaks and adjustments.- Modified installer behavior to eliminate certain types of activation troubles for a small number of customers.There are a few other items we'd like to continue tweaking, but we wanted to put priority on eliminating some of the reported CTD issues, as those tend to be higher-impact than other reported items.In addition to this SP1 update, we have also rebuilt and re-uploaded all existing liveries to add some data to their aircraft config entries that was recommended by one customer here. These entries will allow the airplane to interface with FSX's ATC system more cleanly. (I forget who you were- but thank you for the recommendations!) To get these new features you will need to UNINSTALL any existing livery- then downlad and install the new one. (Running the new installer in REPAIR mode will not work... sorry!)We also added a half dozen or so free liveries to the download page. You can pick them out easily because I haven't yet added their thumbnail images- so the placehold "IMAGE COMING" tag is a good clue as to which ones are new. The Hong Kong Government Flying Service model that Vin created has the sensor package and the FLIR hanging out the bottom... Makes for some interesting opportunities flying out of Hong Kong!For those of you who helped us to locate and test for the various CTDs that were reported, thank you! We were unable to replicate the reports in-house or on the beta team- so your help and flexibility was greatly appreciated.You can download the SP1 installer from here:http://downloads.precisionmanuals.com/file..._JS4100_SP1.zipAnybody ready for some updates on the NG? :(

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Yes updates on the ng please. lolBut nonetheless good news on the update.

Awesome, thanks Robert! A great add-on made even better.I can't wait to hear more news about the NG...-Alex

Thanks for the sp Robert!! so......... whats up with the ng :(

Thanks for the SP1 Robert. Is the famous Cold and Dark Switch included? Anyway, yes I too want to hear some noews on the Bobby :)

Thank you very much...I was not flying, just starting the engines, but it seems the CTDs are away.... thanks!!!guenter steiner

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many thanks, the VC raindrops are stunning!One bug is still there: When I type i.e. 16000 ft as cruise altitude in the FMS VNAV page, it disappears. When I then hit data to correct it, suddenly 29000 shows up as cruise altitude.Michael

Michael Thesen

MSFS, HP Reverb G2, Gigabyte B760 32Gb, Samsung 970 EVO, Geforce RTX 4070-TI, Win11, i7-14700KF, Thrustmaster T16000M, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

Many thanks for this! One issue with the new liveries, when I try and download the Qantaslink one, I actually get a United paint, seems to be crossed wires, or is it just me?

Many thanks for this! One issue with the new liveries, when I try and download the Qantaslink one, I actually get a United paint, seems to be crossed wires, or is it just me?
There I was thinking it was just me, so it looks like the two of us :)

Louise

London, UK

Dear Randazzio,Thank you for the Service Update.

- Added Keyboard Commands pass-throughs for various cockpit controls
I had been waiting for it. Where is the instruction of the Commands?Sincerely,Kan-ichiro Fushihara

Just a question on installing the sp1 do u need to uninstall the livieries first than install sp1, or is it u only have to uninstall the liviries to add the new ones?

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Many thanks, the VC raindrops are stunning!One bug is still there: When I type i.e. 16000 ft as cruise altitude in the FMS VNAV page, it disappears. When I then hit data to correct it, suddenly 29000 shows up as cruise altitude.Michael
Michael, I had the same until.... After loading the flightplan highlight select and press the enter key... the cruise altitude selection works fine then. I used to get the ----- after entering the cruise altitude as well till I realised it was me lol.John Ellison

Dear Randazzio,Thank you for the Service Update.I had been waiting for it. Where is the instruction of the Commands?Sincerely,Kan-ichiro Fushihara
try shift+1, 2, 3 .. etc :)Greetings Sven Rebel