Sign in to follow this  
pasterke

Lago FS Soundscape Question

Guest product

Hello,I've been using Lago's excellent (and inexpensive) Soundscape program for a few days, and have gotten a nice background going at my favorite airport.But when I start up FS2002 (or stop/ restart Soudnscape player) all of the sounds I've programmed for this location (about 6 total) play at once in a great cacaphony. Then they start to cycle normally according to the times I've set.Is this normal? If so, any way to change it so I have a nice, quiet start to my flights?Thanks,Joel

Guest racartron

Looks like a limitation in the code (FS or LAGO -- not sure which).Also, even though you set different replay frequencies, they will eventually catch up with each other. What would be great in the next release (COF) is the ability to link one sound to another with some type of offset. That way you could prevent the inevitable overlay as well as make one sound dependent on another. For example: 5 seconds after a dog barks at the ducks, you would here the ducks clamoring. Racartronit means something, but I just can't remember what

Guest Lindy

This question was asked before and I believe that yes, it is normal for the FSSS program. I'm not sure there is any work around. At least I've never heard about one.You get used to it after a while. I hardly even notice it any more.-Lindy :-wave

I recently broke down and bought it as well, very cool, but with limitations. I get the same start up deal, I hope someone has a fix as it is very annoying especially when you have close to 20 WAVs added. I find the decrease volume feature kinda useless so I just edit my own WAVS to the volume I want, works well. I tried the trail version first and bought the program thinking I could use ANY WAV file as stated, so far the only way I could get another WAV file to work is by editing it to the same low quality format as the LAGO ones. Other than these negatives, it is a very cool idea and program and adds alot to the experience, especially in VFR areas and small airports. I just built me a beach house in the Caribbean and it is very cool to sit in my sailboat and watch the sun come up listening to the waves and hearing the seagulls!Regards, Michaelhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpgCalVirAir International VAwww.calvirair.comCougar Mountain Helicopters & Aviationwww.cgrmtnhelos.com

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest Lindy

Mike, I agree with you about the relative lack of volume control in the program. In the cockpick, it's not so bad; you can pretty well adjust how (or if) you hear the sounds there. But outside is another story. How I get around that (sort of) is to place my vehicle (plane, helo or car) in an area of the scenery away from any start up points I might use. Then I insert the sound and by trial and error adjust the radius. That way as I move further away from the "origin" of the sound, it will be at a more realistic volume. Of course this all depends on what kind of sounds, but it generally works pretty well. Also, Mike I've found lots of other .wav files (besides the ones from Lago) and they have all worked fine -- so far. Guess I've been lucky not to have run across a really cool .wav soundfile that does NOT work. Because I'd have no idea how fix that. -Lindy :-wave

Guest product

Can you recommend a link(s) for other wav files?