Sign in to follow this  
1FLIGHTSIMFANATIC

Dear PMDG, please seriously consider this.

Please make a C-17 aircraft, I don't care if it takes 4 years and costs me 180+ dollars, I would buy it as no one has a good C-17, and when I think quality, well PMDG is the only one that comes to mind. This aircraft needs to be done, and PMDG is the only one to pull it off.Michael Pare USAF vet and former C-17 mechanic.

What if it takes 6 years and costs 1800+ dollars? :( Paul
I would still buy it because I am a C-17 fanatic and by then the 3D screen technology will be perfected. :( Michael Pare

Michael-I'm sorry to have to tell you that PMDG has no plans for anything such as a C-17. Military aircraft are a bit out of our realm...Thanks for asking, however!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Michael-I'm sorry to have to tell you that PMDG has no plans for anything such as a C-17. Military aircraft are a bit out of our realm...Thanks for asking, however!
That is unfortunate as you guys do such excellent work.

That is unfortunate as you guys do such excellent work.
Well, Boeing is trying to get the C17 into the civilian market...Count me in on purchasing the C17 if PMDG ever decides to make one, I am pursuing a pilot slot with the AFR in the C17, so I would be amazingly grateful if a professional, quality developer like PMDG produced it.Shane Gavin

Well, Boeing is trying to get the C17 into the civilian market...Count me in on purchasing the C17 if PMDG ever decides to make one, I am pursuing a pilot slot with the AFR in the C17, so I would be amazingly grateful if a professional, quality developer like PMDG produced it.Shane Gavin
I remember when I worked at Douglas FEDEX and UPS wanted to buy C-17's but the Air Force said no to the idea, I bet that will change as the Air Force has the C-17's they need.Michael Pare.

I would honestly give my left two nuts for a good C-17 or C-5M. 

I want a good C-17 cause the two that are out now, Virtavia and Area-51, while they are decent, they are not modelled for flight accurately. IRL, the C-17 can enable reverse thrusters mid flight (at idle) to slow the giant aircraft down on a steep descent. Neither one of the C-17s out now model that at all.

I would like a PMDG C-5 as the current C-5 (Area-51) is super lite. It is just barely modelled above FSX planes and I absolutely love the challenge of flying the super heavies like the 748, A380, An-225, C-5, C-17.

Come to think of it, I would also like a PMDG An-225... But with english writing, as I cant speak Russian, lol.

I would honestly give my left two nuts for a good C-17 or C-5M. 

I want a good C-17 cause the two that are out now, Virtavia and Area-51, while they are decent, they are not modelled for flight accurately. IRL, the C-17 can enable reverse thrusters mid flight (at idle) to slow the giant aircraft down on a steep descent. Neither one of the C-17s out now model that at all.

I would like a PMDG C-5 as the current C-5 (Area-51) is super lite. It is just barely modelled above FSX planes and I absolutely love the challenge of flying the super heavies like the 748, A380, An-225, C-5, C-17.

Come to think of it, I would also like a PMDG An-225... But with english writing, as I cant speak Russian, lol.

Scroll up...

Specifically, here: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/263896-dear-pmdg-please-seriously-consider-this/#entry1653364

Kyle Rodgers

That was almost 5 years ago. Many many things change in 5 years.

Also, it will NEVER happen if there is not any new interest shown. 

The United States Military is still the United States Military.  Their response to "please share with us your performance figures" back in 2009 is the same response here in 2014.

...this is the same United States Military who politely informed me that I should only take pictures only in a single direction with my 100% manual (read as too old to time stamp images) so as to avoid being able to discern alert reaction times, if they were to go on alert while I was taking pictures.

I recall this issue being mentioned by the team in another thread.  Military is out because there's no data to get.

Kyle Rodgers

I remember when I worked at Douglas FEDEX and UPS wanted to buy C-17's but the Air Force said no to the idea, I bet that will change as the Air Force has the C-17's they need.Michael Pare.

If you're talking about more C-17's being built, then forget it. The production of the C-17's is being wound down as military orders are filled. No more will be built and the tooling and production line disassembled once the last aircraft is built.