Sign in to follow this  
Guest H_Kev55

Big FS04 screenie flood posted in PAI

Very very nice pics, i want it now :) Can someone with this gold release tell me if processors with h/t technology makes a difference or not. OHN

>Very very nice pics, i want it now :) > Can someone with this gold release tell me if processors with>h/t technology makes a difference or not.>> OHNThats a good question. I just bought a P4 3.06 Ghz !!Bill

Damn, why do they keep on making the jetways so that they are way over even a 747? they are about 100 feet in the air!!!!! its sad that there is not one plave at De Gaul where a 737 can park with the door at the jetway door! please tell me im very wrong!!!Tim here! A mid is a terrible thing to lose!

Guest guyjr

Wha... what's this I see? Is this our very _first_ complaint about FS:COF, posted mere _days_ before the official release?Well done, congratulations!!!:-bluegrab>Damn, why do they keep on making the jetways so that they are>way over even a 747? they are about 100 feet in the air!!!!!>its sad that there is not one plave at De Gaul where a 737 can>park with the door at the jetway door! please tell me im very>wrong!!!>Tim here! A mid is a terrible thing to lose!

Guest Marvel

Do the gauges have more refresh rate in FS2004? Or is it anti-alised?

>>>Wha... what's this I see? Is this our very _first_ complaint about FS:COF, posted mere _days_ before the official release?<<<:-lol

Guest Akflyin

Thank You for taking the time to post your flight. Unfortunately, It will make make the month of July crawl by. Guess I better go fishing here in Alaska to get distracted till release date Dave

well, it may have sounded like a complaint, but i didn't mean it to sound like it! Dont get me wrong, Its a killer sim compared to the ones in the past! im just saying, they need to make the jetways height, and etc... a little more realistic! i take it as an improvement tip!Tim here! A mid is a terrible thing to lose!

I gotta agree with the above post, those gates are way up there at CDG.

Eric 

FS2K4 looks great :-)It's not going to run that well on my system :-(I get reasonable performance on FS2K2 with P4 1.4G, 256RAM, GeForce 2 64Meg.......but 'reasonable' is the important word.I've just bought a new bike, so no cash for an upgrade. But it'll keep me fit, which sitting in front of a VDU won't.Gavin

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

I want FS2004 now (like a little kid who wants a new toy)!! ;-)I just hope that it runs okay on my 2,4 GHz GeForce 4 PC.

Guest JDH

Very glad I didn't try accessing that at home!! Superb shots though, but FS2004 will have to wait until my Christmas list!!

Guest Pardue802

My few thoughts:1. Screenshot #2 - Looks like Microsoft hasn't changed the way that airports are searched for. I would have liked to have seen the improvement of being able to type in more than just the first letter of a Country/Region, State/Province, or City, so that FS matches it as I type. That would be a heck of a lot easier than scrolling through a huge list of cities, etc.2. Screenshot #3, #9 - Flight planner and new map looks very chic! Can't wait to try it! My goodness, do you guys see #9? It's got a huge high pressure area marked right on the map! Amazing!3. Screenshot #11 - Hmm... those colors are a bit odd contrasting.4. Screenshot #15 - Sure looks good taxiing by the PAI aircraft with that VC. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....... :-)5. Screenshot #18 - Sweet ground vehicles! Thank you Microsoft for livening things up, even if they're not functional. Wish similar vehicles would be generated at airports everywhere.6. Screenshot #34 - Textures still seem to tile, looking 'not quite right' at higher altitudes.7. Screenshot #39 - Using the map mode to pull frequencies for the airport in hunt-and-find style still seems like a bit of an inefficient way to do things. I heard that the Garmins will offer some kind of functionality like this. Hopefully so.8. Screenshot #40 - !!! :-D :-D I love it "No more billboard clouds, you fly thru them!" Beautiful.9. Screenshot #51 - These autogen trees seem much improved.I LOVE the screenshots!!!Thanks!!!Kenneth

Guest Paul_W

>Wha... what's this I see? Is this our very _first_ complaint>about FS:COF, posted mere _days_ before the official release?>>Well done, congratulations!!!Have you been reading through the various flight sim forums? The flight sim Web sites have had access to the press beta, and now they have access to the release version, and lots of detailed questions and answers have been flowing back and forth, and sometimes people are happy about certain new features that are confirmed, and sometimes they're not so happy. It's all a perfectly logical part of the process isn't it...yes, even before the official release. Personally I'm glad to see all the feedback starting to come in, whether or not you or others find that illogical. I just read in the Simflight interview with the FS business manager that planning for the next FS will start within weeks of the issue of FS 2004, and that their priorities are set in part based on user feedback. So, hopefully people will continue to give their feedback, even though some folks will continue to find fault with that.

Guest Lizardo

I sure would like to agree with that, but how many years have we complained of rivers going up the side of mountains (or rivers just ending), world-wide generic buildings and all the other obvious little things that haven't been fixed all these years? They listen to the feedback that they want to listen to, they're going to sell Fs2006 anyway.