Sign in to follow this  
Guest TJYYGZUB

Library update please? someone?

On a slightly different point, I am still seeing the Oops! File not found mesage with quite a lot of files, for example my cygnet01.zip.However, it will download and, as as far as I can see, unzips correctly.On a slightly different point, I am still seeing the Oops! File not found mesage with quite a lot of files, for example my cygnet01.zip.However, it will download and, as as far as I can see, unzips correctly.
The opps file not found is for image not the download itself

Brian Sperduto

Guest SUBSIM

Still no luck. And FAQ no help. I shouldn't have to d/l and install FireFox. I can't even access Library files to look at them. In the past that's where the Login was before allowed to d/l.Well... I'm just one member. Who cares right. ps. I notice the DONATE button works without a hitch or FireFox.

Guest Gary Buska
Still no luck. And FAQ no help. I shouldn't have to d/l and install FireFox. I can't even access Library files to look at them. In the past that's where the Login was before allowed to d/l.Well... I'm just one member. Who cares right. ps. I notice the DONATE button works without a hitch or FireFox.
With a attitude like that no one would care. It would help if we know what browser you are using there are known problems with GOOGLE CHROME

Guest westjet
Its responses like this that makes folks give up and walk away from Flightsim. A free service and you complain? And if the Donate button works maybe click on it and... Donate? All the time the fine folks here have to deal with the complainers really takes them away from fixing all the issues at hand. I for one can wait. Real class act there SUBSIM. Im also having problems with firefox but it will come back. It always does. Great work Tom and staff. Much appreciated by most atleast.

Guest westjet

Firefox works for me now as well. Just had to refresh a few times and it works. :)

I have noticed that I am still unable to download any of the meatwater radar contact v2 soundpack files. Anyone else have this problem? I'm using firefox.

I have noticed that I am still unable to download any of the meatwater radar contact v2 soundpack files. Anyone else have this problem? I'm using firefox.
Best I can say is that some files are there some are still missing, those that are missing we are still attempting to locate and restore.

Brian Sperduto

Guest JeffGossett

The Avsim staff has been downright rude to the members that have made Avsim what it is today. If you keep this up your members will move on to other sites and not come back thus drying up the funds to keep Avsim going.

Best I can say is that some files are there some are still missing, those that are missing we are still attempting to locate and restore.
The Avsim staff has been working hard to bring back our library, the days new files will be posted tomorrow but all the current contents of the finest library on the web are now available for you.The Library managers are ready to receive your submissions.
That's not all "the current contents" now is it? I just tried to download 15 random files from the library and only 4 were available for download. The entire reason you keep getting irate posts is because one person says one thing and the next says another. It has been this way since the hacking in May. Either be truthful and tell what is really going on or hang it up. We don't care if there are some problems that need to be worked out but when you post all is well when it isn

Guest n118nw

I think the point is, after the hacking occurred, AVSIM pleaded for donations. Supposedly, you all claimed 24,000 dollars in donations to get AVSIM's library back online.. and that was back in May. 5 months later and you guys are still having problems getting it back online? I hope you all have a better budget management than the US Government. 24K is a lot of money and supposedly you guys spent an additional 26K on your servers now.. and there still a load of problems.All the people here are asking for is some more updates on the status of rebuilding AVSIM. It's not hard to give an update once a day, it only takes a few minutes.Jeff is right.. if Avsim doesn't get back online to the way it was before the hacking, it will loose many of it's patrons.

The Avsim staff has been downright rude to the members that have made Avsim what it is today. If you keep this up your members will move on to other sites and not come back thus drying up the funds to keep Avsim going. That's not all "the current contents" now is it? I just tried to download 15 random files from the library and only 4 were available for download. The entire reason you keep getting irate posts is because one person says one thing and the next says another. It has been this way since the hacking in May. Either be truthful and tell what is really going on or hang it up. We don't care if there are some problems that need to be worked out but when you post all is well when it isn

Brian Sperduto

I think the point is, after the hacking occurred, AVSIM pleaded for donations. Supposedly, you all claimed 24,000 dollars in donations to get AVSIM's library back online.. and that was back in May. 5 months later and you guys are still having problems getting it back online? I hope you all have a better budget management than the US Government. 24K is a lot of money and supposedly you guys spent an additional 26K on your servers now.. and there still a load of problems.All the people here are asking for is some more updates on the status of rebuilding AVSIM. It's not hard to give an update once a day, it only takes a few minutes.Jeff is right.. if Avsim doesn't get back online to the way it was before the hacking, it will loose many of it's patrons.
The money isn't exactly wasted, these forums are powered by servers purchased with that money, the website itself also on those servers. We had a technical issue with one product this has since been resolved. Obviously it wasn't the way we had wanted but it was the best we can do at the moment and not keep everyone out for anymore time.Let me say this again if anyone has any continued concerns about our stability or what happened my email address is in my signature please contact me, I'd be more than happy to explain it all.
Press F5 on the site, see if that does anything. Again you are the only person who is having this issue I've already checked with multiple people who use IE7 no one else has that problem.

Brian Sperduto

I also second what Brian has said, my email is jbinner at avsim dot com. If anyone has technical questions We'd both be happy to explain to you what occurred. Yes the library is a HUGE part of what we do, but it wasn't the only part. The hack in May took ALL of AVSIM offline, yet the library we still had issues, still do with SOME files missing. Yet I hear no one discussing the fact that the forums and the page itself have been stable. Ask anyone on the staff, and the constant bickering and complaining from the entire community is what drove me away one time. I came back to assist in May and would very much like to stay on and continue to help technically with AVSIM as much as I can. Adding Brian to the mix as the "software wiz" and I think we have a pretty good team. Yes, SOME files are missing, we are working to recover those that are and over time more and more will come online. Uploaders, if you notice your file is not working, upload the file, put NOTES in the upload as to what the original ID was and it will get replaced.As for donations, ALL of it went to two very beefy servers and the entire equipment mix is now 2009 state of the art. As for some personal attacks I have received in emails and other places, if you have a problem with my education level, my resume is at jbinner.emurse.com And if any of you can do better, as a VOLUNTEER on top of your regular job and stick with it for more then 5 minutes, my email door is open and I will gladly refer you to Tom and Bob Kirkland to take over my job. I'm sorry if you think this posting is rude, or contrite, I am just being honest with the community.Now, I am all ears and eyes. If you have a comment feel free to reply here or private message me. I will reply to all.

The money isn't exactly wasted, these forums are powered by servers purchased with that money, the website itself also on those servers. We had a technical issue with one product this has since been resolved. Obviously it wasn't the way we had wanted but it was the best we can do at the moment and not keep everyone out for anymore time.Let me say this again if anyone has any continued concerns about our stability or what happened my email address is in my signature please contact me, I'd be more than happy to explain it all.Press F5 on the site, see if that does anything. Again you are the only person who is having this issue I've already checked with multiple people who use IE7 no one else has that problem.

John Binner, MCDST
U.S. Dept Of Veteran Affairs, Senior IT Analyst

OI&T, SPM, Clinical Imaging

2022 Build: Thermaltake Core X71 Full tower case, ASUS Prime X570-P Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core CPU, ASUS TUF Gaming Radeon RX6900 XT GPU, G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB DDR 3600 RAM, Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 850W 80+ Gold PSU, Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L Water Cooler

Guest n118nw

John & Brian:We shouldn't need to email you to ask questions, all the people are asking is accurate information and updates on the process of restoring AVSIM. Rather than posting daily "It'll be up tomorrow" don't post that until it's 100% certain it will be up. Missing deadlines you guys are setting gives us the appearance of incompetence. Rather than having us assume the negativity of your guys skill, give them what they want, more technical updates on the process rather than "it'll be up tomorrow."Of course, this is only a suggestion on what we learned in POSKY's past with setting deadlines and passing them.

Last I checked we WERE updating you. We're here posting. Email was just an alternative to all the forums here. And with your "what we leanred at POSKY" are you speaking on behalf of ALL of POSKY now?The library is up, missing files are being worked on, if you want them sooner and have the original update them. The team will take care of it and replace the missing with the upload.Exactly what else would you like us to tell you?

John & Brian:We shouldn't need to email you to ask questions, all the people are asking is accurate information and updates on the process of restoring AVSIM. Rather than posting daily "It'll be up tomorrow" don't post that until it's 100% certain it will be up. Missing deadlines you guys are setting gives us the appearance of incompetence. Rather than having us assume the negativity of your guys skill, give them what they want, more technical updates on the process rather than "it'll be up tomorrow."Of course, this is only a suggestion on what we learned in POSKY's past with setting deadlines and passing them.

John Binner, MCDST
U.S. Dept Of Veteran Affairs, Senior IT Analyst

OI&T, SPM, Clinical Imaging

2022 Build: Thermaltake Core X71 Full tower case, ASUS Prime X570-P Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core CPU, ASUS TUF Gaming Radeon RX6900 XT GPU, G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB DDR 3600 RAM, Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 850W 80+ Gold PSU, Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L Water Cooler

Guest n118nw
Last I checked we WERE updating you. We're here posting. Email was just an alternative to all the forums here. And with your "what we leanred at POSKY" are you speaking on behalf of ALL of POSKY now?The library is up, missing files are being worked on, if you want them sooner and have the original update them. The team will take care of it and replace the missing with the upload.Exactly what else would you like us to tell you?
Yes, I do speak on behalf of POSKY. If you don't believe me, surf over to our forums and ask me there. Not only will you see my administrator status, but you'll also note that the 4 admins all support each other, and if you wish to challenge this you're more than welcome to register on our forums, I'll give you access to our special AVSIM forum where we have already allowed 6 library managers access to keep in contact with us regarding uploading official POSKY files to AVSIM. And you weren't updating me, I'm merely trying to explain in laymens terms what the previous posts where discussing. I have no interest in AVSIM other than the relationship POSKY had in the past and out of respect for a few of the AVSIM founders. If you feel that spending well over 50,000 dollars for 2 'beefy' servers is more than justified, more power to you all. But keep in mind almost half of those funds were donated, and the least you could do is accurately keep the public updated on the status. If you feel 'accurate' means "It'll be up tomorrow" when it isn't is more than suffecient, I wish you the best of luck surviving when AVSIM's sponsors and users flock elsewhere. And on a side note, the reference to POSKY was about us giving release dates to our past projects, only to have something arise during the final stages and us missing that date. When we miss those dates in the past, we had similar uprising on our forums. If you don't understand what it's like, the I urge you to reread this entire thread.And on the last note, I will not debate this here. This is not POSKY's forum or my own, and if you wish to pick a fight then I welcome you to POSKY's forum and we can further discuss this on POSKY's forum away from the public as it does not concern them one bit.