Sign in to follow this  
Guest edrutl

Word on the street is FS2004 NDA has been lifted today, so.....

Guest edrutl

who has some scoop to share??????Ed Rutledge

"yes, the NDA has been lifted."Really? Doesn't Microsoft send out an official notification first to those testing the software? I know press sites can post, but you'd think these forums would have been flooded with individual testers posting shots, teasers, etc..... You'd think they'd be the first to know... ;-)

Guest edrutl

Many screenshots are starting to show up in many forums, including the Project AI forum listed in a different thread. FS Gateway has also posted shots from the Gold version.I think we'll be flooded with all sorts of nice shots/info over the next 24 hours...ed

I thought both were press sites--at least I know gateway was. Just seems like there's little activity compared to the time NDA was lifted for FS2002. I'm surprised to hear that gold is out already--maybe that means FS2004's release is getting close?:-jumpy :-jumpy :-jumpy

Guest edrutl

I'm surpised/dissapointed at the amount of time we have to wait between going Gold mid June and the July 29 release date. I've heard they wanted to coincide the release with Oshkosh. Nice thought, but doesn't mean much for those of us hundreds/thousands of miles away who won't be attending the airshow.Personally, I'd would have like to see the release date announcement/NDA lifted in mid July than sit around 6 weeks waiting for a product that's "in the can."EdKDFW

Guest edrutl

I've heard the beta testers have received their Gold versions, so hopefully they can share some performance/features information on the final product.

I don't if any NDA lifed today, but I do see it over the net, which dated 06.26.03, 2.07GB, from iMMERSiON............What are MS waiting for so long............

I suspect the beta testers will also dispel rumors, falsehoods, and other issues raised by those dissin' FS2004 "sight unseen". Many in these forums are basing their comments on static screenshots, eyes stuck on fps counters, without full knowledge of how the reviewers configged their systems when taking the shots. I've seen more than a few in here coming in as if they know all. I quit worrying after Avsim's brief review. I figure I can wait until those who really know the new sim, share it....

Guest Brent Hebert

Perhaps Microsoft needs the time to reproduce the CDs, packaging and shipping which takes some time. It is not like addons that can be downloaded. The program is a hard copy.Brent HebertMEMBERhttp://www.cox-internet.com/bhebert/aopa.jpg

>I recieved the news Wednesday that we were now allowed to>talk about the beta test.Out of curiosity...... from who?L.Adamson

Frank C. at PAI (www.projectai.com) has stated that the NDA was lifted and has posted major screenshots of FSCOF.

>I've heard the beta testers have received their Gold>versions, so hopefully they can share some>performance/features information on the final product.>Volumes have already been written on the subject. It will simply be another's man opinion and experience.Michael J.http://www.reality-xp.com/community/nr/rsc/rxp-higher.jpg