Sign in to follow this  
Dark Moment

CH Rudder USB Brake Problem

Despite many fine pieces of advice, I'm still having problems with locked brakes with my CH Products rudder pedals USB. I'm running Win98 SE at 1 GHz and 640 MB SDRAM, GeForce 3 card. I've reversed the toe brake axes and set the sensitivities all the way left as recommended (see attached screenshots), yet the brakes remain locked.Help!http://rg.travelocity.com.edgesuite.net/lo...ologo_35x35.gifAlex ChristoffN562ZBaltimore, MDhttp://forums.avsim.com/user_files/19225.jpghttp://forums.avsim.com/user_files/19226.jpg

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

Guest Jim

The first time I used my pedals they worked fine. Later I decided to calibrate them. From that point on the brakes where locked "on" all the time. My cure was to go back to the control panel, open Game Controllers, and REMOVE the pedales. Then unplug the USB connector and plug it back in and bypassed the calibration. That cured my brake problem.Good LuckJim

I agree. Uninstall and resintall usually fixes problems with these tempermental rudder pedals.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Alex,I have the same pedals but I'm running Windows XP Pro and have had some issues in the past but not the same as your's. Everything is great here now.I think the advice you've been given to set the sensitivity all the way to the left is wrong. I'm of the belief (could be wrong) that that is like turning them off. I have mine all the way to the right and it works fine. The axes do have to be reversed though.Since taking onboard someone's suggestion in your original thread to install the latest Control Manager software, I've got the brakes working the best they've ever been. Previously I had a small spike around the "brakes off" position of the left pedal which is now gone.One thing to check is that there is no other axis on another controller, your joystick/yoke for example, also assigned to the brakes that might be overiding the pedals. I'm not even sure that's possible but it wouldn't hurt to check.To sum up what I've done:1. Installed Control Manager software.2. Calibrated pedals in Control Panel (despite someone's suggestion not to do this).3. Set both brake axes to reverse in FS2002.4. Set Sensitivity of brake axes to full right and a small amount of Null Zone in FS2002.5. DON'T calibrate the brakes in FSUIPC (which is what I used to do). I find that I lose any proportionality if I do that (ie fully on or fully off, no in between).Hope this is of some help to you.RegardsAdrian

Thanks everyone. I'll try the reinstall, and if that doesn't work, I'll try the control manager.http://rg.travelocity.com.edgesuite.net/lo...ologo_35x35.gifAlex ChristoffN562ZBaltimore, MD

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

Thank you all for your advice, but Adrian, your meticulous step-by step proved to be the winner and resolved the braking problem flawlessly. You're a god, thank you oh-so-much.Regards, http://rg.travelocity.com.edgesuite.net/lo...ologo_35x35.gifAlex ChristoffN562ZBaltimore, MD

>Thank you all for your advice, but Adrian, your meticulous>step-by step proved to be the winner and resolved the braking>problem flawlessly. You're a god, thank you oh-so-much.Glad I could help Alex. I've gained lots of help and ideas from reading this forum so it's good to give something back when I can.RegardsAdrian

Just been there, done that, all over again. Identified the problem (for me, at least, running Win XP) as FSUIPC. Once I cleared the brake settings under this module, and set my CH Pedals to default in FS2002, all was well again. Took a while to go through all the flipping options though .... Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg