Sign in to follow this  
Bearracing

Oh no! More FS2004 questions!

Sorry if these questions have been asked before, but I have a whole bunch of questions that can probably be answered by the beta testers:i) Backward compatability:I have quite a large hangar of addon aircraft, and I'd like to know the ones which are known to work ok with the new version. I know 767PIC won't work :( but what about other popular addons, e.g. Dreamfleet, PSS, Captainsim, etc? Could we have some sort of list of aircraft that are known to work with the new version?ii) Will I be able to still use my existing mesh and landclass collections?iii) What are the default flight models like? The Lear VC looks beautiful, but does it still have that horrible twitchy flight model that has plagued it for the last 2 versions of the sim? What's the Comet like?Sorry for being a pain in the backside.Cheers... looking forward to recreating the first ever trans Atlantic flight in the Vickers Vimy :)

i. Dreamfleet has said that their whole catlog will work and the new 310 and 152 will be compatible right out of the gate. I can't imagine PSS and Captain Sim not releasing patches for their stuff.ii. On the mesh and landclass - I believe so.iii. I have no idea on the flight model though some other sites have shown some great shots of the Lear in all phases of flight...Ryan

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

There have been pics of the Dreamfleet Archer in FS2004, and Lou Betti recently posted some pics of the C310 and the C152 in FS2k4. If the Archer works in the new FS, the Cardinal will as well. Dreamfleet have said they will release FREE patches if there are any issues.CheersMalcolm

I have found that more aircraft work in FS2K4 (from earlier versions of FS) than don't. It appears to me that those aircraft developed in Gmax and following the original FS2002 aircraft SDK work perfectly.I'm going to be covering the General Aviation aircraft in the AVSIM review and I can say up front that it appears that the flight modeling (airfile) for all default aircraft (that I've flown in FS2004) has been improved, including the Lear45.Bear!