Sign in to follow this  
hmar

FF joystick

Hi,I got a nearly never used MS FF 2 joystick from a friend, but the CD-ROM with the software was not included. In the Control Panel, the FF seems to be connected and reports "OK", however calibration isn't possible. I have no reaction on any movement of the stick or push of a button. Who can provide me the software for Windows 98SE ? I did already a search on MS support, but nothing usefull shows up.Thanks in advance,hm (h.marienNOSPAM@pandora.be)

Hi hm,I must have one of the first FF2 and I really love it. It doesn't need any drivers and calibrates automatically (I experienced this in Windows ME and Windows XP) and I connect the joystick over USB.Is it not working after you have connect it with the computer?

Hello,Thank you for your answer is such a short time.Well the FF works with IL2 (however I experienced a lockup after a while).At first, Windows 98SE detected the new Joystick (in stead of my MS Precision 2, also USB) and installed a USB-device file, next it asked for a kind of DLL, but it could not be found on the Windows CD-ROM, so I had to skip it's installation, probably causing my troubles now.I am looking now for the installation software or a link where I can download it.Regards,hm

Hi all,Thank you for your answers on my request, but it is something else. There must be a file that identifies the FF joystick. I made some pictures of the setting pages, so you can see for yourself:hm