Sign in to follow this  
Ed

Attn: Developers - FSConnect Released!"

Hello All!Just to let you know I've released FSConnect (FSConnect.zip), which is a a module that gets loaded by Microsoft Flight Simulator 2002 (or CFS2) and runs in it's address space. It provides an interface that third-party programs can use to gain access to data regarding the user aircraft. It's basically an alternative to FSUIPC, depending on what your data needs are. An updated version of FSConnect will be released as soon as FS2004 becomes available.And its freeware! You can download it here:http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=...atID=fs2002utilCheers,Russel Dirks

Guest ba747heavy

Russel,Thanks a ton!

Atta boy Russell! Now the freeware guys will have a viable option no matter what happens with FSUIPC. Great stuff! Keep it up!Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

My next version of Landclass Assistant will use it to grab lat/lon from MSFS....-John

Guest EdrickV

Assuming that module can get/write weather info, a freeware weather program that uses it would be very nice. :) ActiveSky 2002 hasn't been updated to deal with NOAA site changes so gets garbage in it's METARs and I'm not sure it's working right anymore."Let me help you out. You're cleared to taxi any way you can to any runway you see."

Unfortunately, FSConnect does not provide any access to weather info. Only what is provided in the Panels & Gauges SDK, which is basically user aircraft information.Russ Dirks

>Assuming that module can get/write weather info, a freeware>weather program that uses it would be very nice. :) ActiveSky>2002 hasn't been updated to deal with NOAA site changes so>gets garbage in it's METARs and I'm not sure it's working>right anymore.>>"Let me help you out. You're cleared to taxi any way you can>to any runway you see.">Actually, ActiveSky has been updated to version 1.86 to deal with that problem. Go to their website to get the update.KP

Thanks for the program. Easy to use althought I have to look more carefully the token variables since never programmed a gauge. Of course the more powerfull functions are the fscMemRead and fscMemWrite, one never knows what can find in the future :)Jos

Guest EdrickV

That's only for the payware version. If I was going to pay for a weather program it wouldn't be ActiveSky."Let me help you out. You're cleared to taxi any way you can to any runway you see."

Guest EdrickV

Minor addendum: The NOAA changes are interfering with ActiveSky 2002's METAR parsing. Time to find an alternative."Let me help you out. You're cleared to taxi any way you can to any runway you see."

"Of course the more powerfull functions are the fscMemRead and fscMemWrite, one never knows what can find in the future"Very powerful indeed.... Pretty much how Adam's original util. got started I think. A peek here, a poke there. For the old timers, remember peeks and pokes? :)