Sign in to follow this  

common CSi release your Airbus 319, it is been ages ago that it was promised??

Why is there still no Airbus 319 release?

I'm with you 100% :) We are indebted to the freeware groups, BUT there is no point in raising the hopes of so many ... and then fading away .............. :-hmmm Shouldn't they have quietly worked on the plane, and, when it's completed, announce its imminent release? Isn't that method so much better? :) Here's why:A) The group wouldn't feel hassled into releasing something :) ... no nagging from forum members .... no pressure :)B) Everyone is happy :) The new plane would be a surprise, rather than a dragged out, perplexing affair ;)Project Airbus is another curious topic for me! Why on Earth would they prohibit repaints of their A320? I'll be devastatingly frank here .... that policy is utterly ridiculous! :-mad Who in their right mind would obstruct repaints? :( ... what is the purpose of such a prohibition? Absolutely Crazy! :( The A320 V1 is fine ... user repaints would have made a very nice stopgap over the past 11 months!!!! :-roll Bizarre :(

Hey guys!Not that I wouldn't anyways, but I will play devils advocate here.The aircraft is free! I understand being frustrated with wanting something badly, but it never materializes, but I think you are a little harsh here. This post, in a small way, is the reason freeware designers are going the way of the donisaur.Nothing personal, but... Give them a break, its freeware, and if they decide to never release it, you lost nothing.Flame away!

Larry--nothing to flame in your post, but a comment...Normally, I side on the side of freeware....But I feel in this case, this frustration is warranted. I was active in CSI's forums telling everyone to wait...it is freeware, after all, and the members of CSI have to make a living. But for what seems like the nastiness of a few, CSI has decided to ignore all of us who stood by it and became flamebait for a lot of the "are we there yet" kiddie crowd. I think we deserve some type of status update, especially since some of us took the time to examine the first model released and offer suggestions and tips.I sense a certain arrogance on CSI's part, and if this is all just a ploy so they can go payware, they will certainly see the wrath of the community. Or, if they were just out there to tease a little bit and rant a little bit, the same applies. I've taken a lot of flak for my freeware, and one email had by my count about three dozen expletives, simply because I didn't provide a link to Microsoft's site. If I had faded away because of junk like that, I would have deserved hearing the flak from those who've stood by and promoted my work. I do get paid for my freeware--paid in the form of the friendships I have today with many in the community.-John

Guest crashing_pilot

and Ci does it again:well said mate :-)

Guest Coneman

My sympathy has all but evaporated. I guess I can understand being frustrated by the kids who demand release, but as I said before, they deserve to be treated as such...just children. If CSI is comprised of mature adults, surely they can understand that.Todd

Well it's time for me to come out of the "cone of silence". I usually don't post, but I felt that I had to put my two cents in.Actually, I'm not surprised that CSI has delayed their A320 series. If I was to place a bet, I doubt the fltsim community will ever see the A320 series. Why?Well, I'm going to date myself here..but back in the old Project Freeware days when FS98 was flying, Jason had the fltsim community on a buzz with his new A310's. Every once in a while he would post a screenshot of his A310 and tell when it would be released. When the release day came..I would be checking all the flightsim sites for his aircraft only to discover it was delayed. This would go on every couple of months to the point where everyone gave up on expecting his A310. Actually I don't think Jason Brown ever released his A310. So we fast-forward to today and the same situation repeats itself. Now I understand that designers have lives, jobs and family and those things should come first before a hobby. However, when you continually make promises and then don't deliver, people become upset. So I will continue on with my flight simming, and if CSI releases the A320..great..if it doesn't..well then life goes on .That's my 2 cents;Sean Harvey(CYEG)

Yes, but raising hope by a lot of flightsimmers for release, and than do nothing at all is not kind. It happens to much, i would say that there is hope for nothing. The PMDG group with the new NG 737 series is a good example for constantly delay a release, by saying "release will be soon" or "it will come shortly" etc, and than you have to wait 6 months before release. Best regards,

Guest crashing_pilot

hey Bella,why don't you announce a plane yourself,and show all these designers how it should be done?whiner.

Guest panzerschiffe

Forum is closed. Their MD-11's and 717's are gone forever. C'mon CSi, throw us a bone here!

Its been like 6 mounths since they said they were going to realese it .But my piont is that if there still is stuff to do realese it as it is to make everybody happy andtake alot of pressure off there backs .then finish the reat of the work as v2.thant is my point

This whole thread is yet another example of what the FS community has lowered itself to. The minute someone or some group posts screenshots of a project, everyone is screaming for release. "GIMME GIMME, I WANT IT NOW!" If it doesn't come fast enough, then we get threads like these.Again, some people feel it is their god given right to demand something at their beckoning whenever it suits them. This is why more and more freeware developers are disappearing by the day. When someone says "it's coming soon" or "we'll release soon when we finish it", it just isn't enough anymore. People are looking for download locations before the pics are finished loading. Freeware designers are not obligated to anyone for anything. These designs take time to complete for a multitude of reasons; personal lives, design setbacks etc. Yet somewhere, people got it into their heads that "we owe them". Speaking on behalf of our group and probably most others... we don't owe anyone ****!Your given preview shots of projects to show off the details and progress. The responses you give are the proverbial "pat on the shoulder" for a good job and or point out flaws that still need to be fixed. And as most know, some groups are known for taking a long time to release a new project and some not. But these days, its lost its meaning and everyone wants to turn it into a bashing thread and "when am "I" going to get it?"Then god forbid that a freeware group decides to jump to the "other runway" and go payware! That would be the highest sin in the FS community! But thats another story. It's message threads like these that make me wish I had a virtual hand that would reach out of YOUR computer and slap you folks silly. Go play with one of the hundreds of aircraft that you have installed on your computer. When the new "flavor of the week" comes out by any group or designer, whenever they see fit to release it and when they feel it's complete enough, then you'll have a new toy... and something new to complain about.My 2 cents worth.Mikehttp://sgair.net/mike/mike/mike_small.jpg

The flightsim community has been spoiled by the hard-working efforts of the freeware groups. This has resulted in the situation we see today. The complexity of models/scenery and the quality of painting are taking more time to produce. To me, the preview shots only increase the problem as the designer/painter has to wade through all the "input" and is constantly changing the design instead of releasing the product as is. Imagine if Microsoft had to listen to all the input from everyone and redesign everything...we would still be flying FS5.1.So I say to the freeware designers, no more preview shots, and release when you feel your product is ready. If necessary, update your product along the way. If someone doesn't like the version of United airlines..then break out your paint program and make your own.That is what CSI was trying to do...but they jumped the gun with the preview shots and here we are in this mess today.Sean Harvey(CYEG)

Guest ba747heavy

Sean, Mike --You have conveyed my feelings exactly! :-beerchug