Sign in to follow this  

common CSi release your Airbus 319, it is been ages ago that it was promised??

>When someone says "it's coming soon" It is really stupid to claim that something is "coming soon" if you know it is going to take at least another month. Just keep your mouth shut rather than make bogus claims. I don't know anything about CSI and who they are but it happend before that someone anounces some project and have no real intention to complete it (or knows chances of completing are very slim) - sort of enjoying temporary fame and headline 'grabbing'. I saw it happened too many times. My 2 cents worth.Michael J.http://www.reality-xp.com/community/nr/rsc/rxp-higher.jpg

Just because someone says it's coming soon DOES NOT obligate them to any particular time frame! Where do you and others get this idea from!? Show me and the rest where in the dictionary the definiton of soon says one month, 6 months, 2 weeks etc!Give it a rest already! I'm not surprised at whats going on with CSI these days. Its because of all this GIMME GIMME GIMME mentality!Mikehttp://sgair.net/mike/mike/mike_small.jpg

>Just because someone says it's coming soon DOES NOT obligate>them You really are having problems or did you even bother to read my post ? Where did I say it obligates them to anything ?. It obligates them to nothing. But surely it makes them look stupid. If you make stupid, unwarranted claims - you pay down the road when folks laugh at you and stop treating you seriously. This is life.Oh, btw, take your "GIMME" mentality somewhere else. I don't expect anything from freeware developers, I don't even keep track what is being "worked" on. If I ever download a freeware - it is most likely months after it becomes first available.Michael J.http://www.reality-xp.com/community/nr/rsc/rxp-higher.jpg

>Yes, but raising hope by a lot of flightsimmers for release,>and than do nothing at all is not kind. It happens to much, i>would say that there is hope for nothing. The PMDG group with>the new NG 737 series is a good example for constantly delay a>release, by saying "release will be soon" or "it will come>shortly" etc, and than you have to wait 6 months before>release. >Best regards,That's because..............Request's for a more complete VCA more detailed VC cabinWing viewsThe request's just keep coming & coming, and they seem to somehow fulfill them. L.Adamson

"If you make stupid, unwarranted claims"You don't get it Michael. How does saying something is coming soon justify an "unwarranted claim"? They claimed nothing. Coming soon could mean, coming by the next year or anything to that nature. In its simplest form, it just means that it's a work in progress, no time limits given. To the best of my knowledge, they didn't pinpoint a release date and royally screw up like another group did last year. They merely stated that it was a project coming... nearing completion.Yet there have been some that wanted it as soon as they saw it. Then there was the bashing over paint quality that I recall and things really got out of hand resulting in their forum closing down. This all boils down to stupid behaviour from a bunch of immature kids in the community. And sadly, these "kids" are not restricted to any particular age range/group.After all this debacle over CSI's attempt to (eventually-if ever) release their Airbus, they should decide to scrap it, it wouldn't come as no surprise to me. Then everybody can #### and moan that CSI "abandoned" the community and left everyone "hanging". Well if that were to happen... you were treated like crap, you would leave too. People are only capable of taking so much before there's a breaking point.Mikehttp://sgair.net/mike/mike/mike_small.jpg

If memory serves me correct, the CSI guys made a number of specific time frames for release..which in my view shouldn't of been made. When these time frames came and went and nothing occured, then all the gimme people had an excuse to attack CSI. So in order to "calm" everyone down, CSI released more preview shots hoping to appease the gimme crowd. What happenned was that the gimme crowd in seeing these preview shots, wanted the products even more. It's an ugly cycle and the only way to break the cycle is to shut-down. I hope CSI eventually releases their A319, but my brain tells me that we'll never see this plane again.

1. CSI released a "Beta" of thier A319 aircraft and said it was very close to completion.2. CSI DID IN FACT make statements containing time frames for the project.I'm not saying that attacking them is ok and justified but when you do the two things above, and especially the second one.....what do you expect?You can't make statements regarding release dates, not hold to them, not make any comments about pertaining to the "real" release date, close your forums, and then expect people to not question the group. IMHO, making these statements and then not sticking to them shows poor work ethic, freeware or not. It is common knowledge that you DON'T make release dates and then break them. You can't say, "we expect release to be very soon...probably within the next to weeks" and then watch as 2 months or whatever passes by and not expect some people to wonder what is going on...only to have thier questions pushed aside.I usually don't expect anything from anybody but I do expect freeware/payware groups to at least stand by thier claims and I don't think that is asking too much. If it is someones opinion that "standing by what you say" is asking too much then I can't help but question thier responsibility to thier fans/customers and this in turn causes the fans/customers to question that particular groups (or individuals) integrity.It is also my opinion that closing your forums down due to the few at the expense of the many is ridiculous. A true adult takes criticism from immature indivduals with a grain of salt...those who truely take it seriously (and personally) have quite a bit of growing up to do. Every major group whether it be POSKY, AFG, FFG or whoever knows that there will always be people out there you can't please no matter what, it's inescapable. If people come into your forums making a$$es out of themselves delete the post....don't try to "contain" the fire...put it out. Post a sticky at the top of your particular forum, "RELEASE DATE - UNKNOWN". If people keep coming into your forum asking the same "release date" question then just delete thier post, maybe one day they will build up the common sense to read from the "top-down" next time.I have nothing against CSI AT ALL, but I do think things could be (or could have been) handled a little bit better.Just my .02:)

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Guest Rizzibird

I think that all developers should hold their mouth shut until the product is finished. If I only recall a bit of history, how many freeware developers had announced a project and did not release it. Let's see: Project Freeware, Project Airbus, CSi... Ugh, it is funny that they have something in common. They were all developing A320!And nobody released one, although they all had full mouth of words about new projects.I take this for misleading of the flightsim community. Simply shut up if you can't release it or if you are not sure when you are able to release it!Many freeware groups should follow Oleksey Frolov and CIVA project. That was a wounderful example of releasin a freeware package. Oleksey said 15th in the month. And voila, it was on avsim on the fifteenth!! Also CIVA was bang on time! They were nicely quiet until they had something to show and to release.And surprisingly they have had almost no problems with annoying simmers.And now back to CSi. I think A319 is never going to be released. They already entered so called PA pattern without an exit. I hope I am wrong.AVSIM, please inform me if my if my language is to harsh. I will change it if necessairy.Regards, Nejc

>And surprisingly they have had almost no problems with>annoying simmers.Or take Bill Grabowski - a true gentelman and author of fabulous freeware ERJ-145 panel which received Avsim's highest award. He was always difficult to pin down on the release date but otherwise everybody knew well he was working. Seems some developers are mostly attention seekers and whether they actually do something is secondary.Michael J.

MichaelI find this thread rather amusing as to the level of intense emotions it generates ;-)facts are everyone freeware or otherwise is in this for themselves.No one sits there thinking "I will slog my guts to work for the community".They do it for themselves because thats what they enjoy doing. It wouldnt really matter if the creators had a copy each and then binned it.Into that equation comes the pat on the back factor, the ego, the adoration and even the simple fact that the freeware producers want their creation to make a name for itself and them.Here we hit a simple sales principle that you market your product. you give it media exposure, tantalise, work up a media frenzy so that when it is released people are chomping at the bit and the downloads are large."Oh but that only refers to commercial ware" many will say but that is rubbish, the principle, the motivation is the same.We all do what we enjoy doing whether we get paid or not.Payment is the icing on the cake not the cake itself.I know real world commercial pilots who do our profession no good by offering to fly for free just to get a foot in the door or their pants onto the seat of a machine they want to fly.Finally schedules go out of the window even with the best of intentions when people hit an unforeseen snag whether in the programme or in their personal lives.Maybe they decide to change direction, add or remove something ?At the end of the day what the heck you loose some you win some commercial/freeware peoples motivations thats their business.Personally I prefer to pay for something because at least then I can complain, criticise demand patches or generally have a moan if something isnt up to scratch without all this blaspheming against the holy grail or "thou shall forever be greatful" which "some" freeware generates.Peter

Guest panzerschiffe

I would just like an update, some information, "throw us a bone here."Also none of their older aircraft are available through their website anymore and I'm sure plenty of people here would still like to fly them.

@ken: acknowledged though I do not agree Your judgement. :-(@all:Nonetheless, I'm still tired that some guys verbally bash freeware designers for "late delivery", *possible* faults or delays in releases. PLEASE stop it.Torsten

Guest Matthew Murray