Sign in to follow this  
Guest Captain Barfbag

BARO ALT PRESURE

Guest metaleye

Hello to all;I have search all the keyboard commands on all the forums I could find, but I have no luck. I need the keybaord command for changin the preasure altitude in the altimeter. You know, 24.92 to some other number. Can you help?Thank you all.

Guest PHLMercenary

The "B" key will change to the current barometric pressure.

Above 18,000 feet I use the Delete key using the key assignments in FUSPIC to set the barometer pressure in the altimeter to 29.92.

The only way I know of adjusting the pressure displayed on the altimeter besides pressing B to change to the current value is to utilise the button commands within FSUIPC.Select the Buttons tab, press a free button on your joystick/yoke and then place a tick in "Select for FS control". Open the drop-down box and assign either Kohlsmann Inc and Kohlsmann Dec. You will need to assign these commands to two buttons to enable you to adjust the pressure up and down.Download fs2002pressuregauge.zip from the AvSim library and install it into the panel of your choice. This will alow you to change the altimeter pressure to the correct setting below the Transition Altitude.Hope that helps!

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest metaleye

Hey, your really know your simmulator!Thank you all for your time and for a great help in this matter.Thank you;Miguel

You're welcome Miguel. If you have any other questions just ask :-)Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest Captain Barfbag

Some planes do have adjusting knobs for the barometric pressure. They kind of look like "mounting screws" for the guage, but if you pass over them with your mouse cursor it will change indicating that you've come upon a "hot spot" which does something.On the other hand, there are only 2 values you'd ever want to enter: current pressure (:( or Standard pressure (29.92) which can be set with FSUIPC.

Hi Capt,My 767PIC has such a knob. But, many of us who spend good money on hardware allowing us to program these actions hate having to resort to the mouse.I also have a button programmed to 29.92 but always refrain from the B key. Strange logic eh? :-)Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest Captain Barfbag

I was flying a 737 last night and looked for that knob. Sure enough, there was a little wheel on the altimeter marked "BARO." This "wheel-baro" allows you to set the pressure to anything you'd like.