Sign in to follow this  
Guest JeanLuc_

Eaglesoft Beechjet 400A (To by or not)

Guest PDX Bailey

For one who already flys the Dassault Falcon 50, is the EagleSoft Beechjet 400A worth the $25. Also, is it framerate friendly as I own a midrange 1.7 system, 512 ram system with a geforce 4200 video card.

Guest Bigshot

Well, the Beech 400A by itself for $25, I would question. But you get the 400A and the PremierI for $25. That's a good buy IMHO. I love the falcon 50. Awesome aircraft. Is the Beech and the Premier just as good. Yes and no. That Falcon50 is hard to beat. But, I can find flaws with the Falcon50 if I wanted to. Wheels don't turn. Textures don't shine, etc. etc. But the Falcon50 interior textures are better. I have the Beech400A and the PremierI. The interior textures are nice; but the Falcon is better, IMHO. They too have their good points and their flaws. For $12.50 each, though, they're worth it. I tweaked the FM in both because I'm fussy and like a certain feel. I understand they have updated both models now with better FMs. Haven't tried the updated ones yet. Both cockpits are nice. The modelling is absolutely excellent on both. Quite a few textures are available now. All pluses. They both run extremely well on my system. (PIV2.53 512mbPC1066 ATI9700Pro); but they do take a lot of ram which I don't notice till I exit the sim and have to wait a few seconds for my desktop. They're both smooth though in any situation. A little more ram would be nice. Bottom line, if you like the Falcon50 and business jets in general, you'll like both of these. The PremierI is now my favorite aircraft.Here's a link to some pics I took: http://www.x-plane.org/cgi-bin/ikonboard/i...t=ST;f=13;t=188

Guest racartron

Don't forget they will function in FS2004 with clickable VC's as well.Racartronit means something, but I just can't remember what

I have impression the Beech and Premier were made primarily to satisfy craving for exterior eye-candy - and this one is very good, but the panels are rather mediocre. Too bad because I would love to see Premier done with the same technical excellence as Flight1's Meridian.Michael J.http://www.reality-xp.com/community/nr/rsc/rxp-higher.jpg

Guest A321

>I have impression the Beech and Premier were made primarily>to satisfy craving for exterior eye-candy - and this one is>very good, but the panels are rather mediocre. Too bad because>I would love to see Premier done with the same technical>excellence as Flight1's Meridian.>>Michael J.>http://www.reality-xp.com/community/nr/rsc/rxp-higher.jpgJust add the Reality XP Jetline 4 Panels, and your good to Go.I think the 400XP is great, and with Service Release 1 its even better.

>>Just add the Reality XP Jetline 4 Panels, and your good to>Go.I don't think Jetline 4 is the same as real Premier's Collins Pro-line 24. Yes, I admit I am a purist and won't take a substitute. (-:Michael J.

I LOVE the Beechjet...one of the best looking models in FS I have ever seen.I love the VC and panel as well. Some people say the textures for the cockpit are a little blurry but I honestly don't have this problem at all.The Falcon 50 is really good for Freeware, but it is FSDS, has no reflections, no dynamic shine, and IMO is quite dated.Personally, I'd drop the 25 on the Beechjet. The new service release is GREAT and you also get the Premier model as well don't forget! :)Yeah, I agree the Falcon 50 is good, but IMO not any where near as nice as the Beechjet/Premier Combo.

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Get the two aircrafts! They are great biz jets, and at least equally as good as the Falcon 50 (the same guy did the Flight Dynamics of the Falcon & the Beech).Greetings,

Don't forget to download the update for the Beechjet. It add dynamic shine and improves the flight dynamics. (there are other improvments, but I forget what they were)

Guest PDX Bailey

Great responses. Does anyone have this with a mid-level machine (1.7, 512 ram) as I am wondering about the framerate on my machine? Thanks, Jack

I like the Beechjet and I find myself flying it almost daily. Textures are easier to process compared to the Falcon50 which tends towards a bit of slow loading when you change views from VC to 2D to exterior. Not so with the Beechjet. As for the Premier, can't stand the look of it! Looks like it belongs more in the San Diego Sea World sim!Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Guest Bigshot

They should run about the same as the Falcon50 full model from the pit. The textures do update instantly when switching to outside view. Faster than the Falcon50. Think of it this way. The Falcon 50 won't work in FS2k4. The two eaglesoft jets were made for FS2k4. Good reason right there to try em' out.

>Some people say the textures>for the cockpit are a little blurry but I honestly don't have>this problem at all.>Any panel that can't match crispiness of the Meridian's panel is blurry in my vocabulary. So even such icon product like 767PIC is now blurry for me ... :-eekMichael J.

>They should run about the same as the Falcon50 full model>from the pit. The textures do update instantly when switching>to outside view. Faster than the Falcon50. Think of it this>way. The Falcon 50 won't work in FS2k4. The two eaglesoft>jets were made for FS2k4. Good reason right there to try em'>out.Good point.P.S. Bigshot, thanks for recommending the Radeon 9700 Pro..it's great!:)

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3