Sign in to follow this  
Guest JeanLuc_

Eaglesoft Beechjet 400A (To by or not)

"Does anyone have this with a mid-level machine (1.7, 512 ram) as I am wondering about the framerate on my machine?" I have the ES Beechjet/Premier, and I'm running fine on a P3/800. I did have to add 128 megs of RAM--the panels used just enough RAM to cause me to "run out" while using MSFS. Since adding the RAM, everything's running like a champ--I can enjoy the panel. I also found that enabling HW T&L is important to eke out some extra performance with these aircraft. That's one FS option which requires a restart after enabling.Of the two aircraft, I favor the Beechjet....and that is true of the real aircraft as well. The Premier's looks--well, I'd guess you'd have to be a Premier's mother to like them :)Michael is right about these aircraft. If you're into panel drill, the included panels may not be enough for you to feel like you have your money's worth. I favor them for the whole package, and did fall for the eye candy, I'm afraid. I don't regret my purchase--especially valid after shelling out a few more $$$ to upgrade my RAM. I haven't been in the ES forums much these days, but I can also tell you their support and rapport seemed top notch during my frequent initial visits.-John

Guest RobA

Running both jets on Win98se, AMD 1.4, 512 MB DDR, GForce2 64....most sliders at 3/4 full. Flys smooth for me. Rob

>For one who already flys the Dassault Falcon 50, is the>EagleSoft Beechjet 400A worth the $25. Also, is it framerate>friendly as I own a midrange 1.7 system, 512 ram system with a>geforce 4200 video card.I think the EagleSoft Beechjet 400A Is a FPS-hog and I have P4 2.0 system 1024 ram and a G-force 3 500TiIf I were you I would retrofit the Dassault Falcon 50 with RealityXP Jetline 2 avionics. http://www.reality-xp.com/products/JL2/index.htmAfter I retrofited the Dassault Falcon 50 is the best bizjet you can get, I really recomend it. =)/Johan

>I think the EagleSoft Beechjet 400A Is a FPS-hog and I have P4>2.0 system 1024 ram and a G-force 3 500TiI fly both the 400A and the Premier I on an old Intel Pentium III/850MHz with 512MB SDRAM and an old ATI Rage Fury Pro video. I consistently get 18-22 fps with 100% AI, full-Autogen, and most mid-point settings elsewhere, full reflections, a/c shadow, etc.If you have having frame-rate issues, I'd look to your system and/or drivers first. Your system should have much better performance than mine! In every single case where the fps issue has been raised in the support forum, it has turned out to be issues other than the 400A that has been the proximate cause.BillAVSIM OmbudsmanFounder and Director,Creative Recycling of Aircraft Partshttp://catholic-hymns.com/frbill/FS2002/images/fartslogo.jpg

First, a declaration: I did the flight models for both the Falcon 50 and the updated Beechjet 400A. I enjoy flying both. Even more important than the reported frame rate on both aircraft, getting absolutely smooth motion on low or mid range systems might involve setting aircraft gauges to LOW quality. (See FS2002/display/aircraft menu).If you had slightly stuttery motion before, please try low gauge quality settings in the above menu. 8 times out of 10 this radically improves performance.Rob Young

>>For one who already flys the Dassault Falcon 50, is the>>EagleSoft Beechjet 400A worth the $25. Also, is it>framerate>>friendly as I own a midrange 1.7 system, 512 ram system with>a>>geforce 4200 video card.>>I think the EagleSoft Beechjet 400A Is a FPS-hog and I have P4>2.0 system 1024 ram and a G-force 3 500Ti>>If I were you I would retrofit the Dassault Falcon 50 with>RealityXP Jetline 2 avionics.>http://www.reality-xp.com/products/JL2/index.htm>>After I retrofited the Dassault Falcon 50 is the best bizjet>you can get, I really recomend it. =)>>/JohanYour computer has issues bud.

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Don't know if you guys are aware but we have partnered with RXP and they have install package to integrate they RXP Jetline 4 system into our airplanes:-)Ron Hamilton

Guest JeanLuc_

Hi Ron,good to hear! and from what I know, there is a new retrofit package which should be available for the excellent Service Release 1. Can't wait! :-)