Sign in to follow this  
gosta

A Couple of Bugs I Have Heard Of - First Bugs

he is a troll in that he posts blatant lies (or at least unsubstantiated claims) about a product he can't have seen...

"By the way, I see FS9 as only a modest upgrade to FS 2002. OK, some better weather, better ATC, more detailed scenery. But, so what? The frame rates are the same."I am just wondering how a programer adds "better weather, better atc, more detailed scenery"-but keeps "the frame rates the same". Every feature no matter how little you add to a program takes more computing cycles.Aren't you talking about a magician? If what you say is true-then microsoft has pulled off an incredible feat! Do you really expect MS to add a bunch of features and at the same time increase the performance? That would go past even being a magician....http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/Geofdog2.jpg

Guest RiddlePilot

The Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel runs from Norfolk, VA to the Eastern Shore of VA. It is a combination of 3 bridges and 2 tunnels, so yes, part of it will be underwater. It was builit in order to allow an uninterrupted flow of motor vehicle traffic from the mainland to the Eastern shore, while allowing commercial ship traffic to pass over the tunnels on their way from the Atlantic to ports in Baltimore and other places up north. I think its something like 23 miles long. Sucks to drive across. Its either that or drive all the way up into Maryland and come down the Eastern Shore from the north. For me, to get to Accomack on the Eastern Shore, its about a 4 hour drive by the bridge-tunnel, but only a 20 minute flight by small single engine planes. Pretty bad.

"Also, a troll is someone who posts to offend and get everybody upset. This post is definetly NOT a troll. He is just trying to give us information-hungry-pre-fs2004'ers some inside information. I for one appreciate this."This post did fit the classic "troll" form. First, even if the information were true, there's no way someone could react to it other than in a negative fashion. What was the author's intent--to educate, or to maybe cause a bashfest of Microsoft? Considering the author wanted readers to take it on "faith", and considering his use of the phrase "Gatesland", I think he came in with a trollish agenda.Had he balanced his post with a positive, I wouldn't have taken it that way. But even the slightest hint of something good, he had to qualify with something bad.And, the target of the issue--scenery glitches--it is almost certain that there will be many. Microsoft models the entire globe. Some of that is pulled from 3rd party data--they certainly don't obtain it from their own sat. network. It's somewhat arrogant to cite missing bridges in Maryland, when some user who is based in Vienna, Santiago or Athens has some landmark misplaced or not in the sim altogether. It's going ro happen, and third party developers will fix it.That's why I wrote a landclass tool, as I realized early on, after one of my original home metro areas (Carson Valley in NV) was dropped from FS2000 and FS2002, that 100 pct. accuracy just won't be achieved in any sim.This thread got posted for one reason--a stranger to the forum, wanting to stir up some ill will towards a product not yet released. If that isn't trolling, I don't know what is.-John

Guest A_Delta_Sierra

Attention Beta testers, owners of the GOLD release.Today, I will pay list price PLUS $20 and also pay shipping for your GOLD release of FS2004. Offer limited to USA -- Shipping, Customs problems not needed.Only interested in the REAL thing. Not interested in a copy!I will get that and more enjoyment for a month. ;-)RegardsBobSWe r rsam@mtco.com

Guest metamarty

I might understand this if I think about it. My problem is that I have very little comunicative skills, because I am autistic. I could have made the original post myself and would feel very bad if people would start calling me a troll, therefore I try to defend people rather then turning against them. I just see this post as informative. Now I'm ever more afraid that if I speak, it will one day be my turn to get flamed ;(

Guest A_Delta_Sierra

Why? I want the GOLD version that went into full production. I think the beta testers were sent the production release version. That just don't have to wait 40 days for the pipeline to be filled and the product released to the general public?Regards,BobS