Sign in to follow this  
Guest KazperNZL

FS2004 CTD

Guest KazperNZL

Started having a problem with FS9 it will CTD to desktop almost immediately after entering the cockpit, or sometimes after 5-10 minutes of game time. Sometimes it crashes when I change cockpit views or view external. Its always the same error. And sometimes I can fly for 30 minutes without a problem.The error isAppName: fs9.exeAppVer: 9.0.0.30612ModName: ntdll.dllModVer: 5.1.2600.2180Offset: 00011e58 (sometimes the Offset numbers change).This is what I have done to try and fix the problem. Steps taken so far.

• [*]Delete FS9.CFG and re-create.[*]Delete all saved flights.[*]Uninstall FS9.1 Update.[*]Uninstall FS9 and Delete all FS9 Residual Files.[*]Reboot and Reinstall FS9.[*]Run FS9 in out of box default configuration.[*]Uninstall all ATI Drivers.[*]Install distribution ATI CD and Drivers.

ModName: ntdll.dll
This is usually a problem with reflections. Suggest you check whether RENDER TO TEXTURE in Settings > Display > Hardware turned on, or REFLECTIONS in Settings > Display > Aircraft is turned on. Without one of these, this problem will recur with specific aircraft (user or AI). You shouldn't need both set.John

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

Guest KazperNZL

Hi Thanks Yeah did that still no change.

This is usually a problem with reflections. Suggest you check whether RENDER TO TEXTURE in Settings > Display > Hardware turned on, or REFLECTIONS in Settings > Display > Aircraft is turned on. Without one of these, this problem will recur with specific aircraft (user or AI). You shouldn't need both set.John

Guest KazperNZL

Well after trying everything and every possible fix offered out there on the internet for this type of problem and nothing works. So I've descided to uninstall FS9 and give up on it. For whatever reason it no longers wants to run on my PC so I'll shelve it. And maybe when I can afford to get a new PC I might play it again.Its goodbye from me, Nice knowing you peeps.

Sorry to hear you'ved had so much bad luck. I understand your frustration.From your list though, I dont think you've tried "everything possible" (admitted you've certainaly tried!).Ntdll.dll faults can be very varied. Even the dll itself may be faulty! Big pain I know, but IMHO you may even need to reinstall Windows itself in this case.Incidently, your list doesnt show the re-instalation of the fs9.1 update or mention service packs installed. (believe problems with SP3?)Dave

I recently spent weeks trying to track the NTdll. dll crash. It would occur sometimes about 5 mins into the flight. For me it boiled down to new Aerosoft airport scenery I had recently installed. Their have some serious problems with quality of some recent releases.But anyway I had to uncheck or deactivate all of my entries in the scenery file and reactivate them a few at a time until I narrowed the bad bgl files.Bill M

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64