Sign in to follow this  
PaulVR

Nice-view airports...

Guest jawbreaker

hii'm looking for international airports/scneries that have a great and realistic outside view on approach (like mountains, seas, rivers or woods).i'd like to show my fs to some friends, and need a cool looking enviroment. should be suitable for an A320, so no "bush-sceneries" please...any ideas?thanks,stu

You could try the MS Oshkosh - it has a nice photo-textured scenery area on the run in to rw 18 over the river, then the town, with Green Bay (I think - excuse my geography) off to the left.Another good one would be Innsbruck, there are freware sceneries for LOWI which make it pretty smart. You`d probably need a mesh as well as an airport scenery to do it justice.If you don`t want mesh scenery, try Rotterdam in the NL2000 scenery. Its FS2000-level scenery but a very good one - you can get a nice shot of the city when on approach.CheersLungs

Howdy:not being biased at all... ;-)try Vancouver Intl. (CYVR), complete with Nigel Grant's excellent rendition, Russel Dirks Fraser Valley landclass, and my British Columbia mesh files. It's all freeware and together looks as scenic and spectacular as in real life.My second choice would be Cape Town, South Africa. There's wonderful freeware scenery (including mesh files) availabe here and at http://home.telkomsa.net/aeroworx/index.htmCheers, Holger

The ISD freeware scenery of Genova Sestri in Northern Italy also has a scenic approach: the sea on the left hand side and the foothills of the Alps and the port of Genoa on the right. To make it even more interesting, the approach course is slightly offset from the runway heading (as is the case in Innsbruck).http://www.isdproject.comPaul