Sign in to follow this  
Guest Barney1

Help with Incheon scenery

Hi,I have downloaded the Seoul Incheon scenery from avsim, it is made by Vatkor. But or a reason I don't know it won't show up correctly: there are no buildings, no terminals just the two runways surrounded by water. What shall I do?There are no readme in the file... Minos

Come on... Someone must know how it works! Minos

Guest Barney1

I had a quick look at this scenery and the only thing I find wrong is there appears to be a texture(s) missing which would describe the taxiways__except in Winter. Also, other than 'day', texture appears in the other seasons as well. Any display as plain white is usually an indication of texture not present. You should however see the buildings, airfield, etc.A couple of questions:1. How did you install the files; e.g., in which directory?2. Did you activate the new scenery folder(s) within the Scenery Library?3. Check your scenery detail settings within the Options menu of FS to ensure sliders are far enough to the right.Since there is no email address, its going to be tough to make contact with the author. The only hope is that he reads these forums, which I doubt; the lack of a readme.txt leads me to susprct a language barrier. Too bad really, since the scenery looks quite well done.A bit off the topic I suppose, but I wondered why a default airport of this size is not even included within the sim??

I put them in a Incheon subdirectory of the Addon directoryI activated it, and it is Nber 1I will check the scenery details, but I am afraid it is more important, I really do not have any buildings. Just the taxiway above water and both runwaysWhy it was not in FS2002? Because it is a brand new airport dating back to one or two years. Before Kimpo was used RKSS. Now I believe it is used for domestic flights.Minos

Guest Barney1

I tried installing as a subdirectory of the Addon directory as you suggest, and still see everything I saw before. My usual procedure is to insert subdirectories under the Main Scenery Folder; I don't use the Addon folder at all.Colour me stupid for not being aware that this is a completely new airport in real life; I didn't know that. Thanks for clearing that up.This just occured to me: are you employing any other add-on scenery such as mesh or terrain enhancing scenery for this immediate area? Any alteration of elevation could cause what you're experiencing.

Guest Captain Barfbag

Do your Scenery and Texture folders within your Addon Scenery/Inchon folder have all the same files as they do in the ZIP?My usual procedure is to create the new folder(s) and then use XP's ability to drag-and-drop directly from the ZIP into the new locations. This usually works fine, but every now and then something goes wrong and one or more files doesn't make it. XP gives me no error message, but the files just don't get copied. A retry fixes the problem.Have you tried de-activating the scenery, deleting the folders and then just re-installing and re-activating?

Guest Barney1

OK, I did some further investigating. Using BGLAnalyze, I disassembled the RKSI.bgl file into a Scasm file. I then edited this file (RKSI.sca) by replacing all instances of the texture file name concrete_f_1.bmp with the texture file name asphalt.r8. I then recompiled this newly edited RKSI.sca into RKSI.bgl using Scasm.exe program. This new RKSI.bgl was then used to replace the original RKSI.bgl.While this may not be what the author had in mind, at least all the white/blank textured areas now match the adjacent areas where texture does display and the whole airport now looks pretty respectable.This procedure however does not account for the problem you are experiencing whereby you see only the runways; it only fixes what appear to be missing textures for some of the taxiways.