Sign in to follow this  
Splash_One

Flight Simmers - How many use Rudder Pedals?

Guest GiZBUG

Looking at buying CH Pro Rudder Pedals, USB.They are 110 dollars, and curious what peoples opinions are of them?

Guest dre777

i have them and to me pedals are a must, along with a throttle, yoke or joystick. you have to be able to brake and yaw with your feet. i don't like the ch pedals, or yoke for that matter, very much because they're really plastically and not very realistic but they're all we have for under $400. i love them anyway. if you want to increase the imersive feeling of fs2002 then get em.Andre

Depends what you have at present I suppose.I purchased the SaiTek X36 about 3 years ago becasue I could not afford a yoke and pedals (UK prices are around

I have CH yoke and pedals, Yoke has never failed me, unfortunatley pedals did about a year ago.The wires inside became all torn up and the pedals derailed and the whole thing literally fell apart.I opened her up and springs shot out and wacked my arm, wires erupted like the world was ending. The plastic holding it together crippled, and the computer chip look liked it was the victim of a bombing accident... This was about 2 months after Christmas (which I got them as a present for). I unfortunatley didnt have a warranty, and wrote many letters to the CH company, and never got any type of reply. I had a yoke, but no pedals, so i was pretty much forced to buy another set of pedals, and CH had the only ones under four or five hundred dollars. These pedals have been around for about 16 months, and still work brand new. So, I think I just got very unlucky with those pedals...Id rate them (personally) (1 - 10, 10 is best)Durability: 2 (that first fall apart is a huge con for me)Material: 7 (plastic... ok...)Functionality: 8.5(Best you can get under $500)Overall (not an average): 8Jason :-wave

Guest GiZBUG

ThanksI have saitek x36's nowIll get the rudder pedals (I fly in real life, so I know whatyou mean by being more realistic)

Guest Captain Barfbag

I've had my CH (gameport) yoke and pedals since FS98. They still work fine, although having a gameport interface for a modern computer is a bit of a hassle now. I got the pedals before the yoke, while I was still using a joystick, but finally upgraded all the way. I'd buy their products again any day.And yes, it really does improve the game play. The biggest advantages are taxiing and helicopters, neither of which work very well in "auto-coordination" mode.

I have had the CH USB yoke and pedals for almost a year now. I'm very happy with both and highly recommend them.KP

Guest metamarty

Yes, you are going to need pedals, there's just no flying without them, unless you turn off the winds. I myself use CH pedals because they are affordable. Unfortunately I never found any pedals that really make rudder flying accurate. The problem is that all pedals today use sliding motion, and you need to put your feet on the entire pedal. This way, the motion come from you knee. Imagine driving a car with you entire foot on the gas pedal and try to manipulate it accurately. :-badteeth So I use my pedals by placing my toes agains the lower part of the pedals. It makes accurate rudder input much easier, but still the springs are to powerful for this to really be comfortable. I have yet to find any rudder pedals that are really convenient.I am just wondering, am I the only one with this problem? :-hmmm Marty

I use the Saitek X-45 ( digital X-36) and have one of the Hats on the throttle configured for Brakes, Parking Brakes, Left Brake and Right Brake. Works very well, doesn't take up any more space, and I have the $110.00 instead of CH......I had a set of the old thrustmaster pedals years ago but didn't like them......

>I use the Saitek X-45 ( digital X-36) and have one of the>Hats on the throttle configured for Brakes, Parking Brakes,>Left Brake and Right Brake. Works very well, doesn't take up>any more space, and I have the $110.00 instead of CH......>>I had a set of the old thrustmaster pedals years ago but>didn't like them......And I'm on my second set of Thrustmasters (Elite) which are probably 4 or 5 years old, in addition to the Saitek X-45. But pedals are are must IMO.L.Adamson

Guest GiZBUG

Seems no one in the Detroit area carries the CH Pro Rudder Pedals.Odd, thought there was a market for these thingsWhere did everyone get theirs at?