Sign in to follow this  
dallyborr

Night ambient

Is there any, textures or something, that will make night ambient more darker than it is? I use FE, FS Elemental...but night is still, lets say to bright. GE Pro has that kind of thing with daylight textures, which is exact thing that i need for the night one. More darker ambient.Thanks in advance.Dalibor

Is there any, textures or something, that will make night ambient more darker than it is? I use FE, FS Elemental...but night is still, lets say to bright. GE Pro has that kind of thing with daylight textures, which is exact thing that i need for the night one. More darker ambient.Thanks in advance.Dalibor
Hi, I came across a little program called FS 2004 Night Time. If you do a search for it in Flightsim.com or Avsim (but I think there library is down at the moment) you'll find it. Look using both the name of the program, already given and the authour: Carmine D

Thanks Paul !I got that one, but frankly speaking, i'm affraid to install it. There is no back up options or something, and it want install in any different folder, except in FS root one. It change night textures, but it also change some other things as well.

I have my Desktop background colour set to Black with Menu & Task bars Auto Hidden. FS Title Bars are also set to Black with Dark Green letters.If there is no moon or stars, the night sky is very dark in my FS. See attachment- where Windowed mode is almost identical to Full Screen.Alex ReidBonanza night approach at KORD

You can copy full dark from Flight Environment--believe it's called Night4--and paste over your existing night sky textures in FS9 textures folder. Simply make a back-up of existing night sky textures. In total, I think there are about 5 or 6 night texture files. It won't impact anything else, but it will darken the ambient environment. I cut/past from a variety of different addons to make the environment as realistic as possible: clouds-- FSElemental, Sky/Water-- Real Environment, Night Sky--Flight Environment, Runway/taxiway textures--FSExcel, GEPro, UT, FSGenesis--terrain/mesh, and Active Sky for dynamic weather.I put the FE night textures into Real Environment SOURCE for install and run before each flight to ensure I'm getting the right sky color each time.R. Perry

Guest belga1

Hello,The night problem wit FS2004 is when you are in external view the AC seem's to be the target of a light like Lancasters over Germany during WW2 night bombing or it's like full Moon from everywhereAnd when you see very dark night on screenshots .. this mean they are photoshoped :)Regards.bye.gifGus.

Guest belga1

Hello,

Thanks Paul !I got that one, but frankly speaking, i'm affraid to install it. There is no back up options or something, and it want install in any different folder, except in FS root one. It change night textures, but it also change some other things as well.
This program make a backup and you have the possibility to reinstall your old files by running again the installer.Be sure to have also the fix !!
FS2004 (ACOF) - Misc. FS2004 Night Time[ Download | View ] Name: fsnt101.zip Size: 22,265 Date: 10-24-2004 Downloads: 852 FS2004 Night Time v1.01 update. Update resolves the following issues: 1. International users were unable to use the program with FS9.CFG not found error 2. People with more than one drive or installation of Windows on one drive and FS2004 installed on another drive were unable to use the program with FS9.CFG not found error. Must have full version installed first: FS2004NT.ZIP. By Carmine D'Amore. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------FS2004 (ACOF) - Misc. FS2004 Night Time Fixes[ Download | View ] Name: fs2004nt.zip Size: 6,117,747 Date: 10-22-2004 Downloads: 2,261 FS2004 Night Time Fixes. If FS2004 at night looks like "a really bad 'B' movie with a nighttime scene that was obviously shot during the day using a filter over the camera lens" then FS2004 Night Time is just what you've been looking for. By Carmine D'Amore. (See also FSNT101.ZIP)
os6gap.jpgrjjd76.jpgWork greatsfgfgo.jpgTake care for aircraft lights !! (read PDF user manual)Regards.bye.gifGus

Hello,The night problem wit FS2004 is when you are in external view the AC seem's to be the target of a light like Lancasters over Germany during WW2 night bombing or it's like full Moon from everywhereAnd when you see very dark night on screenshots .. this mean they are photoshoped :)Regards.bye.gifGus.
Gus- if you are referring to the KORD pic I posted above, that's untouched. I don't have Photoshop nor any editor. That pic is the way it looks on my screens. Here is another- a digital snapshot- "Lining up KSFO R28". The black sky is quite contrasted with the lighter water tones.Alex Reid

Thanks for reply, to all!So, i'll go for "FS night Time". One more thing, should i make a backup of "texture" folder, just in case?

Thanks for reply, to all!So, i'll go for "FS night Time". One more thing, should i make a backup of "texture" folder, just in case?
I suspect it's not vista compatible? I get an error message after running the installation.exe...I never get to the options menu. If there's anyone running this on Vista Ultimate 64 please let me know where you installed it. My FS9 is on the C:/ as opposed to Program Files (x86). Night Time defaults to Program Files (x86)--which I tried with no luck, nor when I pointed it to C:/FS9 did it work.THanksRich

Guest belga1

Hello,

Gus- if you are referring to the KORD pic I posted above, that's untouched
Seem' you don't readed well my post :)I never referred in anyway to your pic .. but instead .....
when you are in external view the AC seem's
So "photoshoped" word is to apply to screenshots of external view of a plane flying at night :)(using the default night textures)
So, i'll go for "FS night Time". One more thing, should i make a backup of "texture" folder, just in case?
Of course you can .... it's alway nice to have a backup of the texture folder ..... just in case :( But AFAIK it's not necessary for this mod as it's a small backup (datas) made.Reminder:Read the PDF :)
suspect it's not vista compatible
Me too :)Program made in 2004 ... at this time .. even any distorded brain can't think it will be some evil OS like VISTA 3001dd9b.gifRegards.bye.gifGus.