Sign in to follow this  
wombat778

Easier method of J41 cold/dark startup

Gentlemen,I have written a little program that greatly simplifies the process of setting up a cold and dark flight for the J41. Here is the program: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8CJ3UE6CHere is how it works:1. Load FSX and do a J41 free flight with the livery, airport, weather and time of your choosing.2. Save the flight with the name of your choice.3. With FSX still running, open J41ColdDark.exe and click File->Make Cold/Dark Flight. 4. Select the flight you saved (in your My Documents\Flight Simulator X Files folder) and press Open. 5. Go back to FSX and select Flights->Reset. Your aircraft should be set up as cold and dark.Once you know how to do this, it only takes about 10 seconds to set up a flight. Let me know if it gives you any trouble or if you find it helpful!

:(
Argh. That is caused by VC2005 redistributables (my fault). Ill fix it and upload a new version in a few hours. Sorry!

Argh. That is caused by VC2005 redistributables (my fault). Ill fix it and upload a new version in a few hours. Sorry!
Let us know when you do.

Ok guys, I have fixed the error. It should work fine for you now. Here is the link to version 0.2: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FF7OV4TENote: If for any reason you get the same error (unlikely), make sure the VC2005 SP1 redistributable is installed which can be obtained from here: http://www.microsoft.com/DOWNLOADS/details...;displaylang=enSorry for messing up the first time, and please let me know if this works better.

the first version worked fine for me, i guess i already have the extra files. i tried 2 flights with it..nice job man, it's really very useful and fast!!! best startup method yet imhocheers,-andy crosby

This could go in the User Files Download Section of PMDG site.

Folks,I have been working on this a bit more tonight, and have gotten it as close to a fully automatic "cold and dark switch" as I can. The new version is here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5VQ4BT3H . To use this version, you just:1. Load J41ColdDark.exe.2. Load FSX and do a J41 free flight with the livery, airport, weather and time of your choosing.3. Press TAB + Q and wait for a few seconds. Your aircraft should be set up as cold and dark.Basically, once you hit Tab+Q, this version handles everything automatically through SimConnect. Note that the old method described in my prior posts still works, so you can choose whichever method you prefer. I will leave the old version (version 0.2) up in case anyone has trouble with this version, as this is the first SimConnect program I have ever written. Please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions. Thanks!

Unfortunately this doesn't work over here. Since using this program I get strange artifacts, more or less as described here. But in my case it's not after installing sp1 but after using this program :( See also my screenshot.

I got that after SP1 aswell but only if there is smoke or something like that present, ie when you fry the motors. Otherwise it's not happening so I live with it.

Thanks wombat, you just made my life easier :(Will this tool also work in Win 7 64?

Thanks wombat, works like a charm! After using your program, I saved the flight. Every time I loaded it again, I get C&D condition. I presume this is OK, isn

Edmundo Azevedo