Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

Fatal error : first once in a while , now all the time

Hello guys,I would like to have your ideas about a problem I have here.For my Wideview setup I have three exactly the same pc's.The same hardware, the same software.About three months ago one pc sometimes hung in a very detailed scenery: a fatal error occured , but in a unknown dll.Restarting Fs solved that.But bit by bit the pc started to hang more often .Since a week , it is there all the time.But like a wrote before , only in a very detailed scenery.Default airports give no problem, but Lago's Schiphol or one of the Simflyers airports.I have replaced memory , the graphics card ,reinstalled Fs ( my addon scenery is on another partition ) and theid mutiple Nvidia drivers.It is very difficult to solve an error when the message says that it occured in an unknown dll.Who can help me on this ?Thanks in advance.

It sounds like some file(s) have become corrupted. Since you are running three computers with FS installed on each, I would try this:On one of the compters, copy your fs2002 folder and rename the copy fs2002OLD. Uninstall fs2002 using the Control Panel Add/Remove Programs menu. Open Windows Explorer and delete the residual fs2002 folder (NOT fs2002OLD).Reinstall a fresh default copy of fs2002, start fs2002 so it registers all the scenery, exit fs2002.Go to the offending computer and rename the fs2002 folder to fs2002OLD. Copy the fresh copy of fs2002 to this computer and do the same with the third computer. Just make sure you rename the original fs2002 folders to fs2002OLD before you place the new copy.You will have to add the Wideview and FSUIPC *.dlls. I wouldn't add much until you see if the problem has been solved. You might also need to have the offending and third computer make a separate fs2002.cfg by deleting the fs2002.cfg from their fresh copies, then restarting fs2002 to have it regenerate.I know this is a lot of trouble but is my suggestion. If you do follow this suggestion and still have the problem, then maybe it is outside of fs2002. If the programs work then you will have to find what files are corrupted in the fs2002OLD folders.

Reinstalling Fs2002 made the error occur after 3 -5 minutes instead of 1.Finally I was abl;e to solve it be reinstalling XP pr.Several tests saif that XP was ok, but at the end this was all that was left.Formatting the c drive was impossible by the XP setup.I solved that by hanging the drive as a second master in anoher pc.Then with Partition magic 7 I could formatt the drive.After that reinstalling XP was no problem and everuthing worked immedialely.Luckily I allways have my addon scenery on anoher partition.Thanks ,Gerard