Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

Aileron Problem

Guest Eagle

This is my first time at using FS2002. The problem I am having is that I cannot bank to the left or the right. Using the keyboard does not work nor does using the joystick. Do I need to do something in the "Settings Menu"? The rudder and elevator work fine.

Try renaming your fs2002.cfg to fs2002.OLD. Restart fs2002 and it will generate a new fs2002.cfg with the defaults. See if the problem is solved.You can also check the keyboard and joystick assignments under Options, settings, assignments.

Guest paulri

I think the key is his comment that this is his first attempt at FS2k2. OK, do you have the autopilot ON when this happens? Well, the A/P in FS2002 was redesigned to make it more realistic. When you have the A/P on, and Altitude Hold engaged, it also engages Heading Hold (or wing leveler). Heading can be changed by using the A/P heading change mechanism on the instrument panel. To put it back like it was in FS2000 and previous, add these two lines to the autopilot section in the aircraft.cfg file of each aircraft you use.use_no_default_bank=1use_no_default_pitch=1Autopilot will continue to work, but you will be able to override it with control inputs.If it is happening and you are not using the autopilot, then I do not have an answer.HTH,Paul

Guest Eagle

Thanks Paul and W. Sieffert. You are correct Paul, when I turn autopilot off I can use the ailerons, but not with it on.You indicate that I should change the .cfg file for each aircraft. I can only find the fs2002.cfg file. Where would I find the .cfg file for each aircraft?Thanks, now I don't have to change the heading bug to get the plane to bank.

The aircraft.cfg files are located under:drive:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFS2002aircraft then under each aircraft listed, for example:drive:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFS2002aircraftb737_400if you used the default installation.You might copy the aircraft.cfg file first then make the changes in case you don't like what you changed.Secondly, you should use the Auto Pilot properly. If you are using it to establish a climb after takeoff, then set you A/P heading and select the HDG switch. It will remove the wing leveler. Otherwise, you should have the A/P OFF.