Sign in to follow this  

FS2004 EXPECTATIONS

MikeAn excellent post and one which I agree wholeheartedly with having done a lot of work in past years in the area of feelings and expectations and how we react to them.I just cannot find anything to add to what you have said.David

yet another whining "anti-whine" thread...jeezus....will it ever end??

Guest R5D4

whinge whinge ... what amuses me is all those with perfectly good 1.5GHz+ machines worrying about having to upgrade to a 3GHz super-cooled processor, new faster memory etc. when it is now well known that fs2004 is similar to fs2002 performance-wise.

Guest A321

>There's no delicate politically correct way to put this, but>Microsoft is a US based company, and most of the consumers of>Flight Simulator will be US based consumers. If the rest of>the world feels a bit cheated, well excuse me. Feel free not>to buy the product. I Agree with your post, untill you got to the part above.Your words have strngly offended me as a British simmer, If MS were to lose the british simmers, trust me they would re-consider weather FS2006 ever comes out.Posts's like yours make me really angery, Look at the airport coverge for GB, over the US, Yes the US is bigger, but so what, more of europe is covered in FS by way of addon scenery than the US, Does this not prove to you that, other parts of the world are to be considered. I agree, and would not be upset in the least, if MS only covered the US, but when you have the cheek to come out with comments like yours, you insinuate, that the rest of the world is just a land mass not to be botherd about. Do Airbus say "ahh give the US all the broken planes, were a euro company, so if the Americans dont like it thay can feel free not to buy our planes"I sinceraly hope your post is removed.. And I hope others who are offended by your words, will also make their feelings known.Jason

Guest Paul_W

>Hear! Hear! And a mighty bump for you.>>I think half these whinners, (and yes, if you are offended>being called a whinner, chances are, you are) have never>booted or even experienced any version of Flight Sim before>FS98.What's a "whinner"? Do you mean "whiner"?Do you have a boss? Did your boss ever get together with you and explain that while he appreciates all your efforts in this, that and the other area, he'd like to see improvements in some other area. I expect most employees experience that, and probably on an annual basis, if not more frequently, and it's a pretty normal part of the experience on the job. In a flight sim forum, why should it be any different? I know Microsoft appreciates the feedback of its customers, and they look for it here, so I'm at a loss to understand why there's such an ardent, dedicated group devoted to putting down (by applying labels such as "whiners" and/or "trolls") those who volunteer any feedback that they feel doesn't equate to praise. As a couple of other folks have noted below, it really is time those who have this tendency stopped taking offence at critiques of FS. My own view is that the people who keep starting and contributing to these repetitive threads aimed at calling people "whiners" are basically trying to put a brake on the free-flow of opinions and discussion, and are in fact putting obstacles in the way of progress. As our friend below implies, it's just hard to have a decent, open conversation about anything when there's a high-schoolesque group over in one corner of the room incessantly parroting: "You're a 'whiner,' you're a 'whiner,' quit 'whining,' quit 'whining'...."

>yet another whining "anti-whine" threadAn accurate comment with an ironic twist. I like!

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Guest freequest

Well juddgeing by my Database I have viseted 7432 airports ... damnit now i have to start again with fs2k4 ROFL.I am just happy that they relesed a new one i know it can never be perfect but its really my only way of ever going places i would never go in real life and try things i would never do.. eg flying over a strecth of water and releing on good luck with the weather to give me just enough of a tail wind to land with 0 fuel.Anyways my 2c

>>yet another whining "anti-whine" thread...jeezus....will it ever end??And you just whined about the "anti-whining"...WOOPS..I just realized I'm whining about YOU whining about the "anti-whining"...hmm...nope guess it will never end :-lolThis happens every pre-release..it's normal.CJ PuttKTPA