Sign in to follow this  
Guest Icebird

PMDG 747 switches flickering

Guest Icebird

I installed the 747 from scratch on Win 7 64 bit and FS9.When switching to fullscreen mode, switches and knobs in overhead start to flicker irregularly. Not all the same time, but always one of the three parts (left, center and right side).Also the knobs on the bottom for lights and the packs switches start to flicker.Sometimes this occurs in 2d panel with the gear lever and the analog instruments in the middle of the panel.In windowed mode everything is fine.When I enter "PanelAsTexture=0" in fs9.cfg everything is ok even in fullscreen mode but then frames drop about 15-20 fps and this is not acceptable in complex sceneries.This problem is only 747 related all other aircraft like MD 11, 737, PSS are working fine.I tested several Nvidia drivers without any difference.I didn't have this problems on my XP 32 bit partition.Could this be a driver bug or rather a problem of the 747 gauges?Martin edit: FS9 Version

Martin, please sign your full name here. The flicker you mention seems to affect some and not others and you yourself noted that a different OS made a difference. I'm unsure how the 747 model and textures can "cause" it and there be many with the 747 without problems. The rendering in FSX is much better but still CPU intensive rather than taking advantage of your nVidia powers.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest Icebird

Dan, I forgot to say that this problem is concerning the FS9 version.Martin Schumacher

Dan, I forgot to say that this problem is concerning the FS9 version.Martin Schumacher
IMO this is a video card/driver issue.Ihave this happen on the Level D 767 with an Nvidia card,but not with an ATI card,it has other problems LOL.Ron

Ron Service

Guest Giles

I too, also have this problem with the PMDG 747 FS2004. The overhead 2d panel switches flicker.I am running Windows Vista x64bit.Thanks for your help. Clive.

I might see an occasional shimmering, but it is slight and not annoying. I have an ATI card, which has it's own problems such as a tear across small text display such as the CDU or MCDU. Each product has it's limitations, partly blame rests with Microsoft whose MSFS architecture doesn't take advantage of the powerful GPUs available.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest VHRWT

This flickering was not present before changing to Vista 64bit.ThanksClive.

I have always had minor flickering on the 747 VC overhead, and a lot of flickering on the MD-11 center pedestal. I use FS9 with XP pro SP3 32 bit.

Guest Icebird

Strange because in FSX I don't have this problems with the Queen in fullscreen mode. :( Are there any changes in overhead.gau that the FSX version runs without panel flickering?Martin Schumacher

Guest rennman

Ive got the same thing...and its more than just a small nusianceany work around?mike ryder

Im confused by your use of the word "flicker". Do you mean that the texture is sparkling? Or do you mean that the switches are actually animating to different position uncommanded?

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Any news on this?About to have my first B744 flight in Win7 when I reslized this extremely annoying problem.Johan Windh