Sign in to follow this  
Guest WorkingStiff

No FS2004 Preview ???

Why does not "avsim.com" preview FS2004 as is the case with "simhq.com"(??) I'm sure your sponsors would like to hear the answer if they don't already know.There's so much garbage posted on this forum, I didn't bother wasting time searching...Simple question, hence a simple answer please (from avsim staff only).Cheers,PBR Streetgang.

Guest WorkingStiff

Who are Avsim's sponsors?Simple question. :-)

Guest Toni Rauch

As I understand it, AVSIM are going to publish a very comprehensive report on finished version of FS2004, and as soon as they received a working beta of the product, they were the first to publish information on it.So what's the beef about other sites publishing their reports before AVSIM, and what's their sponsors got to do with it?The staff at AVSIM, most of whom are unpaid and run this site purely for our enjoyment, do more than enough in my opinion and if others occassionally 'beat them to the post' with reports etc., so what?Toni.

If you follow the forums here, several Avsim staffers have mentioned they are working on a review. In addition, one of them said they will only officially reveiw a Gold copy. The gold copies have only been available for a few days. Seeing as FS2004 is not due out for four more weeks, I suspect Avsim will have plenty of time for thier usual, comprehensive review.Tony

Guest Aidi

Avsim does have a crew assembled ready to write a comprehenisve review on FS2004. The gold copies have only just been received, so it will take a little time for the crew to become adverse with all the new features FS2004 has to offer. A good embedding period for us to find out what is on offer will ultimalty result in an accurate and in depth review. RgdsAidihttp://www.avsim.com/vfr_center/avsim_sig.jpg

Guest Ken_Salter

Funny, reminds me of networks news .... be the first with the story, then post the corrections later...;-)DISCLAIMER: I am not saying any other person or entity is publishing or is intending to publish a review of FS2004 with inaccuracies. I am saying the AVSim.com (IMHO) tends to take their time to get a complete review. And if you think I am biased, so be it.http://saltydogfly2.avsim.net/images/avsim_sig.jpg

Guest WorkingStiff

I'm no wiser on who AVSIM's sponsors are. :-)

Guest edrutl

I got into this issue on a review I wrote in 2001. One thing I can promise is that I have NEVER, EVER been asked to edit, censor or change my reviews by the Editorial Staff of AVSIM based on the relations or potential relations with a sponsor. I've had the experience of reviewing some poor products. I was allowed to call it like I saw it, the key was being objective and fair.There's a lot of different ways to review products. In the FS2002 review, AVSIM wasn't first , but it was easily the most comprehensive review. I liken it to reading a story in the newspaper versus getting a feature in a magazine. Both give you the same information. One gets your the information quickly, while the other takes time to delve into all aspects of the issue. I think the community benefits from both approaches.While I'm not involved in the FS2004 review, I'm sure it will continue the tradition of fair, unbiased, comprehensive reviews.Ed Rutledge

Guest WorkingStiff

It's not that serious an inquiry; in fact I was only kidding hence the smiley faces.The front page of the website reads "AVSIM Inc." which I assume is a privately held corporation. I can understand if the original poster had said "advertisers" but he said "sponsors" which is a rather curious choice of words. To say that Avsim has "sponsors" suggests that the officers of AVSIM Inc. are not really in control but are simply puppets controlled by "sponsors."

Guest Ken_Salter

Yes it is privately held. Maybe the implication is that AVSim caters its reviews to the entities that advertise on this site. Of course this is an untruth.It seems that original poster has a little bit of a "attittude" against AVSim since he/she cannot find anything but "garbage" on this forum and obviously couldn't find any posts (assuming he/she actually searched) regarding the forthcoming review by AVSIM of FS2004. :-hmmmhttp://saltydogfly2.avsim.net/images/avsim_sig.jpg

Guest WorkingStiff

Gotcha. :-)