Sign in to follow this  
Guest mikehaska

FS2004 - DVD format only?

I've now seen "DVD" mentioned in more than one FS2004 blurb. I don't have a DVD drive on my PC - am I to understand that I need to get one in order to install "2K4"?I would prefer not to - my 20th century-vintage CDROM drive works just fine.thx,Dave Blevins

System: Asus P8Z68 Deluxe/Gen3 mobo *** i7 2700K @ 5gHz w/ Corsair H80 cooler

NVidia GTX 570 OC *** 8 GB 1600 Corsair Vengeance DRAM *** CoolerMaster HAF X case

System overclocked and tuned for FSX by fs-gs.com

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog stick/throttle & CH Products Pro Pedals

Various GoFlight panels *** PFC avionics stack

Guest ba747heavy

I would have to get quite angry if this was the case.....:)

I dont think we are going to be seeing games released on DVD for a while yet....definitely not FS2004. It would save a lot of extra CDs if you are concerned about waste, but DVD drives arent a standard yet....maybe soon.Craig

Guest Ian Ritchie

I suspect the blurb is referring to the DVD case...

What new computer doesn't come with a DVD drive? I've had one for close to 2 years - I hope they do start releasing games on em soon - 4 discs is starting to get a bit ridiculous (two recent games, FS2004, and Enter the Matrix are 4CDs)...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

>What new computer doesn't come with a DVD drive? I've had>one for close to 2 years - I hope they do start releasing>games on em soon I agree. My PC is almost 4 years old and when I was getting it DVD was not a novelty - it was a standard. Why they keep releasing games on 4 CDs instead is beyond my comprehension.Michael J.http://www.reality-xp.com/community/nr/rsc/rxp-higher.jpg

2.2 year old PC, 2 upgrades, I don't have a DVD player, only recently have they been standard in new PCs, you guys are "special" LOLI keep wanting to get one, but the highest speeds I see are 16X/ 48, I have a 56X CDROM and a 48X CDRW, why would I go slower? I have too much tied up in my entertainment center at the moment to watch DVDs on my PC, but I agree, with the amount of data they can hold, would be sweet for games.Regards, Michaelhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpgCalVirAir International VAwww.calvirair.comCougar Mountain Helicopters & Aviationwww.cgrmtnhelos.com

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest jason2112

Amazon.de's web page says the German version of FS2004 will be shipped on DVD, but I assume that is a mistake, and it's really a DVD case with 4 CDs, just like in the US and UK.VOlker :]

Guest freequest

What i understood was all four cd's are in a 4 DVD DVD case :)if that makes any sence :)

Guest drobson

I guess I'm really "out of the loop" here, cause I don't know the difference between a DVD case and a CD case. (I don't own any DVDs---no system installed to play DVDs). However, I do have a DVD rom sitting right beside me on the floor that I could install if needed.Guess that shows how many movies I watch! I can't remember the last time I was in a movie theater, (probably about 5 years). And, in over 11 years of marriage, neither my wife or myself have rented a video from a store. We do buy videos occasionally, though. Jeez, maybe I need to "spice" up my life a little, huh? :-)Darrell

Guest BrianC

1X DVD is not the same as 1X CD. Each rating is relative to the regular playback speed of each format.1X DVD read transfer rate is 1350 KB/s.1X CD read transfer rate is only 150kb/s.

Guest tascaso

I put a Samsung CDplayer/CDburner/DVD player in my box about a year ago for $100. Its great and yes I wish all games would be released on DVD's.Tony

Hi, Games now come with dvd case or small box, forget about the DVD disk, they are all in regular cd format, NOT dvd disk.Fs 2004= normal CD-ROM, and you will see probably the same in fs2006 etc.http://forums.avsim.com/user_files/19967.jpgThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

I kind of lucked out on mine. I have two DVD-ROM drives. One of them I can copy DVDs! So when DVD games come out I can make backups of them!