Sign in to follow this  

Active Camera Bug

I load up a flight from Providence, RI to Washington DC KPVD-KDCA. Get real weather and turn on FSFailure and S-Combo. The most recent thing I've changed in the sim is upgrading to the new Active Camera version. I use the default flight planner route and change alt to FL310. I fly the default 737 and everytime I get just pass the JFK vor my computer freezes up. I removed the Active Camera dll redo the flight and it is o.k. Any idea if the new active camera is not as stable as prior ad why does it lock up over JFK every time?Kilstorm

Guest Anticyclone

Hi,in the AC programming code NOTHING is related to the scenery information.So before affirming it is a bug : 1. When your FS crashes, are you sure Active Camera is the cause ?Does the FS report state "error signature : ModName: activecamera2002.dll" ?2. There can be a conflict with other 3rd party add-ons (like your FS Failure) since everything is OK after removing the dll3. Finally, did you upgrade to AC2002 version 1.1 ?I reproduced the same flight on 2 different computers. Everthing went fine until LAURN intersection, 30.6 NM over JFK and I stopped the flight.Regards,

Thank for taking the time to look at my flight and provide customer help. I'm not sure why or what happens but I'm glad that I provide enough info that it could be tested to find that there is not a problem with the application. However, I have a very stable system and a very simple set-up that has worked fine until this flight. I'm trying to eliminate possiblities and found that by removing the dll allowed for a non freeze flight. To hear that it is not a problem on every computer (at least two) lets me know that it must be something more to do with conflicting applications prehaps. I great enjoy all the features of the new active cam and would be unhappy to have to go back to the prior version but when starting a flight and getting about 30 mins into it and then your system freezes what do you do. Please dont allow my orginal post to make it seem like I am down talking your program. I was just looking for input from fellow simmers. Having a feeling that it shouldn't matter about flying over a certian area was my gut thoughts but then in the back of my mind I keep thinking how for some reason in FS2002 you cant fly into or out of KPBI at night beacuse for some un explained reason your frame rate goes to 3 fps no matter what system you have.Kilstorm

Guest Anticyclone

Hi Kilstorm,You are welcome.Do not worry, I never believed you were down talking the module. When I said "before affirming it is a bug" I'd rather say "before I can affirm it is a bug", that's why I asked you some questions.So the fact that removing the dll solved the lock up means for me that there must be a conflict with another 3rd party dll. Wich one ??? It is incredible to see the tons of 3rd party code FS memory is managing in the same time, and this with 99+ % reliability, but there remains 1% wich can cause crashes under particular conditions.(Just curious I went to KPBI at night and got 4.1 fps on my AMD2500, 1Meg, ATI 9800 Pro (25 fps limited during the day).Let me repeat my 3rd question : did you upgrade to AC2002 version 1.1 ? Regards,

to answer the question yes and I remove the activecamera pro config and dll file from the folders. I reflyed the flight with fsfailure but without s-combo and this time it did not freeze up. The night prior of this flight I was doing a flight with FS, FSfail, S-combo and your program and in the vc of the default 737 when I would pan i got mulitpule graphics of or the images outside to where it just blurred my outside view. I think it might have something to do with s-combo and active camera but not for sure.Kilstorm