Sign in to follow this  
Kongming

PMDG 747-400X mis-aligned with runway

Hi guys,My PMDG 747-400X is misaligned when landing. It happened @ Milan-Malpensa-ICAO LIMC 35L - misaligned about 2 degree to the right of the runway.2. It happened @ KJFK- 4L- It landed into the ocean- paralell with the runway3. KSFO-runway 28L- Landed in between runway 28L and 28R. Do you know what caused the problem? :(

I have a similar problem which only occurred lately.All my runways on my ND are about 2-3 degrees out of line with my magenta route path created in FMC and with preloaded flight plans created in FSNav.I run both the 737 and the 747 on FS9Can anyone give feedback?RegardsAnthony ReesCape TownSouth Africa

I have a similar problem which only occurred lately.All my runways on my ND are about 2-3 degrees out of line with my magenta route path created in FMC and with preloaded flight plans created in FSNav.I run both the 737 and the 747 on FS9Can anyone give feedback?RegardsAnthony ReesCape TownSouth Africa
Anthony, this happens with some airports in FS9. I haven't experienced this yet in FSX. Try updating your navdata and see if that helps. Also, if you do a search in the forum, there was extensive discussions on this already. Hope that helps.

Misalignment in FS can be solved using the Flight1 registry repair tool. I had an issue with alignment on ILS in LHR...Get the tool from the free downloads page over at flight1, run it, and try again. It certainly worked for me...As Ron mentioned, doing a search would have found you the respective threads...Andrew

Thanks gents.I'll try the registry repair tool when I get home and report back.RegardsAnthony ReesCape TownSouth Africa

I tried that flight1 fixed. But, the problem still persists. What's next?Do you think the Wilco 737 PIC is the cause of the tracking errors?

Did you try the other items in the wiki article? Also, if you have Vista you need to run the tool as administrator.

Dan Downs KCRP

Did you try the other items in the wiki article? Also, if you have Vista you need to run the tool as administrator.
I already un-installed PMDG 747-400 and the Wilco 737 PIC. I will re-intall PMDG 747-400X alone and get back to you tonight or tomorrow morning. I read somewhere there is an issue with Wilco 737 and PMDG 747-400X. I'm running Windows7 ultimate 64bit.Also, would you tell where is the fsx.exe located @? I go to c:\...user....fsx(main folder)...But, can't locate the fsx.exe, except for the fsx(with the aircraft logo on it). Isn't it the right file?Thank you mate!

Should be here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator XMake sure extensions appear.

Dan Downs KCRP

Should be here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator XMake sure extensions appear.
Hi Dan,I just re-installed the product. But, the problem doesn't go away. Also, the fsx.exe is nowhere to be found in the x86 location. What might be the problem? The only thing close to it is the FSx with airplane logo and I can't find the (.exe) in there. How can I get to that fsx.exe?When I click on the fsx with logo, it opens fsx. I also unchecked the scenery addons. The hidden folders box is checked to show hidden folders too.Everything goes smooth except when landing, DAN. It really gets on my nerve!

I think the .exe file is the one with the aircraft logo in my x86 FSX main folder. So, I'm just go ahead and apply the flight registry fixed and turn-off all the addon sceneries. I should get back to you in about two hours or less after the test flight.

Hi DAN,problem found! It's the Flight1 ultimate terrain US, I think.Ok, firstly I turned off all the aerosoft add-on scenery without turning off the flight1 ultimate terrain US. The problem still occurs.Then, I applied the flight1 registry fixed→I turned off the Ultimate terrain US without turning other add-on scenery back on. I did a test flight again to the same destination KLAX 2 KSFO. It landed beautifully dead-on center line of the runway 28L as planned.Now, Should I turn my sceneries and terrain US back on or not?Thank you Dan for your help...Greatly appreciated.

My guess is you could turn the UT back on, thinking that it is only when it is installed does the problem start.

Dan Downs KCRP

My guess is you could turn the UT back on, thinking that it is only when it is installed does the problem start.
Yeah! I turned other sceneries on last night. Pmdg 747-400X is looking good. I am going turn the UTX back on later.BQ: Have you ever had trouble with the Wilco 737 PIC?The reason i ask is because when I installed the PMDG 747-400X first...Then I installed the Wilco 737 PIC, It deleted the PMDG files. When I run FSX on the next segment and select my PMDG aircraft, the cockpit turns black...And when I go to addon and click on PMDG - all the utilities such as sound settings and fuel settings are gone, and the PMDG 747-400X shuts down all four engines when starts and can't turn it back on....So, in light of the problems I had encountered between PMDG 74-400X and the Wilco 737 PIC. I'm wondering if it has happened to other simmers as well? Or, it was just an isolated case?Once again, thank you very much for your help.Regards,Kongming :(